Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Love boat Restaurant is a must for starters, If you find the square where the Atm booths are situated walk down heading towards the beach and take the 1st left, Love boat is about 200 meters on your left.
I second the Loveboat.We stayed at the hotel above it the Devamli and ate here every night as the food was so good.
Resonably priced as well as good for and atmosphere???

Stew
Meant to say good food and atmosphere

Stew
It's more expensive in Loveboat, But try it and then decide yourself if it's woth it.
I love the Holiday resturant just up the road from the Selen 2
Hi Stew, last time we went to icmeler in 06 we didnt have one bad meal. Ive been looking at places for this year and The Three bells seems to have a lot of good feedback, apparently they do a great Sunday Lunch so we might be giving it a try :tup We also go on the 21st. Are you going from Gatwick by any chance?, we are on the 5.55 flight. Only 1 week and 1 day, we cant wait :sun2 :cheers
Annie f, we are going from Gatwick yes, our flight was the 5.55pm, but i collected the tickets last week and it's been retimed to 6.15pm...it's our first time to Turkey, where are you staying???
Our flight was originally around 5.15 but when we got our tickets I noticed it had been put forward a bit. i hope it not gone forward again and they have not told me. We have 5.55 printed on the tickets. we are on flight FCA 810. We are staying at the Palm Gardens in the centre of Icmeler. its our 2nd visit to Icmeler, last went in 06 so really need a holiday this year!!
We are on x847k and we're at Julian Forest, i've heard that the transfer time is around 2 hours, sound about right???

Stew
Yes Is is about 2 hours,sometimes a bit more, just depends on where you are in the drop off line. The coach trip is a bit tiring but they stop half way for a short break about 10mins.You have to pay for the loo there,not much, think it was a pound coin, also a cafe/shop if you need to get any drinks. We have opted for a private transfer this time as it only takes an hour and 20-30mins max by taxi. Costs £45 one way. As its a late flight and we've got kids we thought it was worth the extra money to get there a bit quicker in more comfort (no stopping unless you want to).We are just going to tell the reps when we get there that we are not going on the coach. We might see you at Gatwick then, cant miss us, i expect my kids will be arguing, husband will be stressed out and i will be shopping for Alcohol and perfume :cheers
The Chef
Venice
Loveboat

Oh and the Erdem is a must for lunch!!
Sounds like us Annie, i just switch on my ipod and drift away (Whilst looking at the departure board). Can't wait i have heard so many great things about Turkey i just hope that it is as nice as everyone has said, that the family like it, and we don't run out of money!!!!

Stew
Hi,

As a family of 4 i would reccommend Noels or Richards place. these are both reasonably prices and have lovely food. Also if you are on the beach looking for a cheap but nice lunch then definetly stop at the erdem.

I will be there on 21st too but flying from mancehster only a week left!!

Sarah
Thanks for the advice, are you going self catering??? We are, and we're going over there with £2000.00 do you think that will be enough for a family of four??
We're going to have breakfast in our apartment, and something light for lunch (Salad,Sandwiches) and eat out every night, also have a few day trips (Jeep Safari, Boat Trip)

Stew
That should be fine really! Just keep an eye on your bills and shop around for the trips!!

If your careful then you should be ok. Yes im going self catering but there for 5 weeks so have to budget more i think! :(

You should have a great time! where are you staying?

How old are you all?? How long are you going for?

Sarah :D
We're staying at the Julian Forest Apartments, me and the wife are in our late 30's, the girls are 16 & 14.
Only going for 2 weeks, but looking forward to getting out there

Stew
You'll have a good time then keep an eye on the girls dont let the turkish boys woo them. You should be nice and brown when you get back as its very hot out there!

Sarah :D
I know, most days it's hitting 50c which is way to hot for me.

Stew
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.