Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi again,
I've answered your query in the other post but just want to add that there isn't really much to do in the immediate viccinity of the hotel. We were advised that it wasn't very safe to venture outside and there were guards at the entry to the grounds but hubby is a keen jogger and had no trouble when he was out for his morning runs.

I'd like to recommend the Monster Truck safari- a great laugh. Ooh and I'm not sure if you know but if you go on a trip through any of the villages you can take bits and bobs for the children who will be running after the truck/jeap. We took loads of cheap things with us and it was a pleasure to see their little faces when we gave them things like pensils, crayons and even some toiletries.
Hi Yummy

Yes we were Goa addicts too and I remember you from that site, but got fed up with all the hassle so switched over to Dominican holidays and just love it.

Have to be honest and say that Aidan works seven days a week so when we go away we dont really do much just relax and chill out, so dont venture out much at all. Agree with Shirley though that I have heard the Monster trips are good and paradise island is worth visiting I believe.

Angie is really good with info so I am sure she will help you as well.

Sue
Thanks for your replies ladies

Shirley - glad to hear that your hubby enjoyed his morning runs, i think i need to take a leaf out of his book :rofl . The monster truck safari sounds brilliant :tup .
I would really enjoy going on a trip through the villages, but heard that we are advised not to give the children sweets, and instead to go and visit a local school and give out things that you mentioned (as this will encourage the local children to go to school and not bunk off so they can get gifts from tourists)

Sue - thats a shame that you got fed up of Goa :( it is a lovely place, but i do agree that the hassle does get a bit much when all you want to do is have a little nap on your sunlounger.
7 days a week of work? no wonder you only want to relax and chill out. Aidan will be needing it .
I will have to have a look at paradise island, thats another thing added to my list.

Thanks again for all of your help :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.