Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
weather and pool's
190 Posts
Hi Nicky
Nice to hear you had a good time, please write a hotel review, I have just requested hotel and Resort to be added to site. Would be nice to see hotel in the list it would make it all real :P
We go in August with family & friends cant wait, is there anything you did not pack that would have been useful :?:
Is the air-conditioning working ok in the rooms and was all inclusive good :roll:
Ill stop Interrogating you now :zip :ghug :glynis
Hi the air conditioning was working fine in our room, the only thing I wish i had packed was beach shoes although some of the people that was with us wore socks on the beach which seemed to work quite well. and again i would take games if you have kids although the kids club seemed to be getting onto its feet by the time we left. the all inclusive worked really well it was the first time i had been all inclusive and would do it again. There is a lot of choice at meal times but i must admit by the end of the week i got fed up of eating, the drinks where fine in the evening we where drinking bulgarin blues which was one of the many cocktails on offer. Also pack mosquito spray as we where told they did not have them trust me they do!!! :lol:
Thanks for your help :D
Hi,

Going to hotel in August & as a back sufferer I would appreciate if anyone knows if the sun loungers at the hotel have comfy cushions on them. If not could you describe what they do offer? Are the loungers on the beach any different?

Lovejoy.
I too have a bad back,(cracked a bone in the lumber) why dont you take a small blow up to add some cushion to the sun bed, or some thick towels but as with all back pain keeping on the move is usually better for it, as when it gets stiff it hurts all the more. :roll: :wink:
The sun beds where quite comfy as the cushions are all new the hotel also provide's pool towels which are great ( we packed towels and did not use them! ) unsure about the beach loungers as i did not use them I know there was a small charge for using them. :)
only just found the site after searching for months n months.......its fab!!!!! love the pix n gettin more n more excited now (goin on tuesday from manchester) but could someone please advise do they have any cash machines in the hotel or nearby
hi there is no cash mashine in the hotel although the hotel does change money or travel cheques, did not see any around the town either but i must admit i was not looking for one. If you go on trips you can pay for them by credit cards. :) we changed £100 to lev before we went at a travel agent there was no charge it did take them about four day's to get the money in though. :)
  • Edited by nicky w 2005-07-08 11:02:32
Read all the information about currency on this site before you go its very informative :wink: Take some Lev ( check high street rates should get at least 2.7 and no comm, some travel agents have bulgarian in stock, uk airport rate not very good at moment) and take clean sterling notes (not scottish) in £10 & £20 .
If you take travellers cheques note you will pay over the top to cash them, (up to 8% :shock: )
Dont rely on cash cards and machines (most banks charge you admin still! :evil: )
Have a great time and dont forget to get your review in when you are home. (going in Aug and cant wait 8) )
Regards Julie
Hi all, I've not long been home after having a weeks holiday in Obzor, staying at the Riu Helios Bay. We arrived on the 21st June and departed on 29th. Please rest assured that the hotel is finished (it's absolutely gorgeous) and the facilities are all up and running!! I must say though that it is an up and coming resort therefore there isn't much to do outside of the hotel, unless you go on day trips. However, whilst we were there new shops in the town (which is literally just up the street) were opening on a daily basis. I read someone's post who said it is mainly geared towards the Germans, which i must agree with. Most of the staff speak really good English and they were all really nice. If and when you venture into the town though, none of the locals speak English. So if you get chance i would advise to learn a litlle Bulgarian, although we managed to get by without. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed with you stay. We most certainly weren't. :D
Thanks Rachel
I cant wait to get there in August, please post a hotel and resort review, its good to see different views. 8)
Thanks for the tip about the sunbeds to all who replied.
I wondered if any one could help with the following queries?

As it is 70/30 to German occupation, is there a problem getting sunbeds in the morning? What time do they allow you to get on the beds?

Do the rooms have safety deposit boxes or do they have them somewhere else in the hotel? Is there a charge?

Is there an animation team & does it cater for 11-14 year olds?

What sport facilities are available at present?

Is there a strict dress code. I.E long trousers for men, or do they allow 3/4 lenth trousers.

Excursions: Are there any worthwhile booking? If so is it best to book through Thomson or locally.?
If you book through Thomson can you use a credit card & do they charge a commission/handling fee?

Water sports: Is there any at the hotel or around the hotel?
Is there anywhere you can get decent scuba diving lessons with an instruictor whose english is very good?

We Will be travelling out on 12th August for two weeks (8 of us). looking forward to it now the hotel is up & running. The reviews look very positive.
May bump into you if you are staying at the hotel within this time span?
Hi Lovejoy what a lot of questions! where shell i start, while we where there we did not have a problem getting sun beds we put towels on them going down to breakfast about 8.30am and used the same ones for the hole week.i think the cushions where going out at about 8am. there is a safety deposit box in your room which there was no charge for unless you lost your key. the kids club was just getting up and running while we where there, they had dart competions beach vollyball ( we spent the hole week beating the germans which was fun!!! ) i think there was talk about water polo?? unsure about sport facilities you may need to have a walk down the beach. there was no dress code lots of people wore 3/4 lengh trousers. we did a day trip to varna which was a good day we saw the dolphins went to a church and museum then a couple of hours shopping in varna but i dont no wether a 11 and 14 year old would enjoy it. hope this helps. :)
lovejoy you are as bad as me, dont you like any surprizes :rofl
Nice to find out some tips though :wink:
Jcosstick.
I don't mind a few. The more I can find out now though, means the less time I need to find out these queries while I'm out there & gives me more time to spend in the bar :lol:
just like to add there are stag beatles ( which fly very well ) you will no what i mean when you see them! i think they are pretty harmless though, although you do try to aviod them when you see them, my brother did pick one up and it sat in his hand for a while ( with no damage to him ) 8)
:yikes :shock: :roll: I hate stag beetles, always worried that they would get stuck in my hair, now you did say it was a nice indoor pool :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.