Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Cant wait :pele :yipee please do a hotel review, when you have recovered. We need to get the star rating up :D
hi me and my boy friend are visiting this hotel for our holidays this year in september and we have been reading your letters ,and we are hoping some one can tell us how far away we will be from sunny beach,also what the night life is like in obzor :roll:
Hi trevdee,

Obzor to Sunny Beach is 31.156 km (around 19.36 miles).
  • Edited by Baldur 2005-07-30 10:39:52
hi trevdee

obzor is a quiet resort the town is quite small the only place we went to was the bedrock bar which is very cheap and a lovely place, the food menu also looks very nice although we didnt eat there and the drinks menu is very big, we had 2 big bottles of becks and a coke was only 4lev which isnt much. apart from the bedrock bar there wasnt really that many places but we didnt have a really good look around.
we went to this hotel on the 8th july and there was a nightclub being built over the road so that might be finished by the time you go it was getting done rather fast
hope this helps alittle

libbyloo :) :) :)
yes there is a nightclub. upstairs its called the silver bar and downstairs its call prefix. it is mainly a bulgarian club tho where the locals go after work some like you being ther some dont.
Hi everyone we are going to Riu Helios Bay Hotel on Thursday the 4th august for 2 weeks, we were a bit doubtful about it at first but after reading all the positive report we are now realy looking forward to going, it sounds realy great,Ill send a full report when we get back. :wave Jenervive.
Have a great time,I look forward to the review, we go 26 aug. :D
Does anyone know if this hotel allows inflatable balls, rings, lilos etc in the swimming pool? I know some hotels are starting to ban them.
we had 3 lilo`s 1 rubber ring 2 footballs oh andont forget an inflatable dragon n no one batted an eyelid. ther is a notice board sayin ther all banned but no one bothers about it
Please could you tell me if they have a mini bar in the fridge and if you pay for it and also is the safe in your room free :?: (I think I have seen info somewhere but cant find it :oops: )

Does anybody know how much was the trip to Varna (dolphins etc) and Khans Tent :?:
Is it worth making your own way to Varna and Dolphins?
Thanks in advance for any information :kiss :fly
Ps What was exchange rate in hotel, was bank better and nearby :roll:
yes ther is a mini bar but dont know how much it cost because we drank that much in the downstairs bars u didn need anymore in ur rooms.

we went to khans tent it was £39 each adult but u did get food & drink in that. dont know about the dolphins cos we didn go.

the safe was 60 levs for the whole 2 weeks.

the exchange rate was very good in the hotel it was 2.6 levs per £1 the bank was a bit betr at approx 2.8 levs but it did hav a cash machine outside which was a good thing and it is only 5 mins up the road (straight across from the bedrock bar)
Thanks for that. Not sure we will be able to afford Khans Tent, after all ( 4 Adults 3 Kids) its going to blow alot of holiday budget, we are on a tight one :sulk
Might try to buy locally, anyone done this, did it save cash? :roll:
Glad bank is local, did you use any of the busses, might try to go sunny beach or Varna ourselves.
Does anyone know if you can go to Dolphin show on a turn up basis or do you need to book :?:
Thanks all, Its getting close now less than 3 weeks :glynis :yipee
hi we did the trip to Varna it was a good day but i cannot remember how much it cost. You can just turn up to the dolphin show but you will need good directions! :ghug
Can anyone tell me whether there are also those tax free shops at the airport of Varna, and of course whether it is allowed to buy things there just before the return flight ? Need some stuff for the ladies you know :D
We arrive on 18aug, and hope to meet some of you over there.
Hi DannyW,

Yes there are duty free shops at Varna Airport and of course you can buy there on the way out of Bulgaria.

Stocks can be somewhat limited compared with western European airports.

Edit:

The same is true of Bourgas airport, except stocks were even more limited there last year. :wink:
  • Edited by Baldur 2005-08-11 04:55:57
I am travelling to this hotel 9th Sept for one weeks full board, having followed previous reports some good some bad i would look forward to any further information the most recent travellers have :)
Welcome to Holidaytruths, John.

Please refer to the existing discussion topic:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35130

We also have several recent reports in our Hotel Reviews section:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/bulgaria/obzor/riu-helios-bay-hotel/

I will close this topic to reduce duplication.

David :wave
Danny
If you are going to Riu Helios Bay you will be flying to/ from Bourgas Airport not Varna :hmmm
thx
Thank you guys for the answers.
Yet we will arrive at Varna airport.
We fly on Belgian TUI Airlines (Brussels-Varna). But the return flight will have a stop at Burgas (Varna-Burgas-Brussels)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.