Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
rui helios bay
190 Posts
Does anyone know if there are sailing/motor boats for hire on the beach?
Were off on the 26th Aug for 2 weeks. :lol:

Barry & Jean
Read new reviews on hotel, looking great :D
:D I have just posted a review of the Helios Bay on the Review section, and thought I would back up my comments here. I don't know how anyone can say anything bad about this hotel, it is BRILLIANT! The cleanest place I have ever stayed in, magnificent to look at, very modern and well furnished, beautiful rooms, like mini apartments, our bed was HUGE, you could have fit 4 people in it! And it was a proper bed, not 2 small ones pushed together. The view from our room was amazing, overlooking the pool and the ocean, it was gorgeous. Food was on tap all day from 7:30am, so if you miss breakfast which goes on till 10am, you can always get croissants, fruit, fresh bread & cheese etc in the downstairs Theme restaurant, which was cooking all day! The staff were amazing, so enthusiastic, it makes you tired just looking at them, I dont know where they got their energy from, they worked all day & night, with only Sunday as their day off. There is plenty going on during the day, water polo, volleyball, aqua aerobics, cocktail games at the bar, darts, table tennis, and thats just for the adults! Plenty of stuff for the kids to do as well, and the language is not a problem at all as they speak everything in al languages! It is not biased towards Germans, or anyone else for that matter, in fact I think there were more English there when I was there. The food is lovely, every kind of potato, mash, chips, smiley faces(!) croquettes, roast; pasta with loads of sauces, different meats, roasted, marinated or fried, burgers an amazing array of salads and cheese, soups, fresh bread, pizza, the list is endless! And there were new choices appearing all the time, there was even a load of salmons on one night, and roast chickens. Yum! Also loads of fruit and desserts, ice cream. The Bulgarian night is lovely as well, well worth a visit. The entertainment staff are great as are the bar staff and restaurant staff, aleays happy to help, and the Manager of the Hotel is always about checking that everyone is happy, she is lovely and very approachable. She even noticed that my son wasnt eating roperly for a couple of days (he had a tummy bug) and she personally came up to us asking if there was anything different we could get for him, or anything that they could do diferently, and any suggestions we had for different foods, and she kept chjecking for the next couple of days that he was OK. If all Riu hotels have the standards that this one has, then I will definitely be vistiting one again, as I had no complaints about this at all. And the beach is lovely, not shelly, we walked on it every day, and my hubby played volleyball on it every day, and our feet were fine! The sea is lovely also, and there are always lifeguards on duty. I hope everyone has as good a time as we did, it is an amazing place and we were extremely happy with our stay. Any questions, feel free to ask, I will be happy to answer them for you! Happy Hols to you all! Jacky x
great post. Looking forward to my holiday even more now.
We arrived back in Holland this morning after spending a wonderful week in Riu Helios Bay,I cant think of one negative thing to say,from the moment we arrived to the time we left we had a wonderful holiday.The staff the food the swimming pool the entertainment was more then we could have wished for,the rooms are big and very comfortable and kept very very clean.I would like to say a big thank you to Alex Toto and the rest of the animation team for making us laugh so much :lol: you all do a great job of keeping the adults and the kids entertained day and night.We are coming back next year for sure.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what sort of id they use for the all inclusive.We were all inclusive in Spain this year and we all had to carry a credit type card with your picture on it and we needed it at all times...

We are going to this hotel 4th july 2006 for 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance..
Hi Gail everyone recieves an arm band when you check in at the reception so they know you are an all inclusive guest at the Hotel.
Hi all
We are prob going to arrive late friday night, could be after midnight will there be anywhere for us to have tea coffee etc at the hotel or does everything close at 12 :( :P
Are there mini bars and fridges in all the rooms, are they stocked up and included in inclusive or extra :?:
Thanks for help getting :hyper only 5 nights to go :pele :glynis
Hi tallut, When we arrived they greeted us with a table full of drinks for the adults and the kids, and they give you a bottle of water to take up to your room also. DOnt worry about anything with this hotel, they will cater for your every need! Happy Hols!
Thanks for your quick reply. So looking forward to it :D
Hope the rain has not washed the beach away, in Helios Bay, Obzor!! :( Otherwise, it's back to Sandals in Cuba!!
Only 30 hours til lift off!! :P
Hope the M25/M23 is'nt bunged up!

Barry
Hi guys. If you have read the latest hotel review (see Review Section) I have to say that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have to disagree with their comments. I stand by my comments that this is the best hotel I have stayed in in my life, for not just the hotel, but the food (which we all thought was lovely and full of variety), staff, cleanliness, service, and everything else. I think it is well advertised that this is a quiet, relaxing family/couples hotel, and I disagree with the comment about silence after 11pm. Sometimes we were in the bar till 1:30am singing, dancing and the rest with a group of about 12 of us! There are a couple of clubs and late opening bars just up the street if you fancy a few more drinks and a late night etc. The reception is open 24 hours, they don't lock you out! I just wanted to say this so as to not put people off, as I have said before, we all had a great time, and the food and everything else was great, but on the other hand I am genuinely sorry that the party from Liverool had a lousy time, and I am sure that this is not typical of the standards that we experienced during our 2 week stay, which was not long enough for us, we could have stayed another two weeks! Anyway, happy hols guys, Jacky x
I wont let bad comments put me off. A holiday is what you make it. I stayed in a below all inclusive last year in spain. We ate out a few times instead of letting the hotel get us down. Plus how can you get bored towards the end of the second week. I work all year to have a two week holiday and I always look forward to them two weeks. Cant wait to go...
Hi, my partner and i are off to Helios Bay on the 23rd sept and cant wait!

Im so glad to read so many good comments about the hotel as some of the earlier ones were beginning to make me worry abit.

Just a quick question to anyone whos already been.
Did you go on any of the excursions? Where they any good? Any recommendations? What about the price, were they expensive?

Anyone else going this at this time??

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the reviews, my girlfriend and I are travelling tomorrow, for 1 week. the first few coments were a little off putting, but each new post on here fills us with more anticipation/excitement now. I will post a reply on our return. Quick question is there a place I can hopefully watch Wales play England in the football on Saturday? Not a lager lout don't worry, It's just not often I get to watch Wales play in any kind of competition! so I am very proud! Anybody out there the same week. have a great time.
dhides99.
Didn't see anywhere locally advertising SKY. You will be able to see it at Sunny Beach, which is about 30 minutes drive.
Hi all, greetings from Belgium.
We were at this great hotel from 18 to 30 aug, and we had a wonderful time. We also met some nice English people... at the bar :lol: I think all the good things have been said in this forum. So i'm not repeating them. Except that for us Belgians, it was great to be in a hotel with both English and German people (instead of only Germans). Bulgaria is nice. We might go back next year, maybe to Miramar. See you then :D
hi i am trying to see if anyone can help me, myself and family are looking to go to riu helios bay next year, but are trying to find out about the family rooms. there are standard and superior, does anyone know the difference or seen where they are located?
this hotel sounds great for a quiet family holiday, and look forward to talking more about this holiday.[/b]
dont no about the rooms but book with portland direct. its cheaper than thomson even though all part of the thomson group. We booked for next year and saved over 350 pounds.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.