Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
rui helios bay
190 Posts
We have just returned form Helios Bay :cry: and had a great time :lol: , I have added my review. If you would like any info, ask away :wink:
many thanks tallutd, you information was great as i cant find much info on family rooms, have emailed rui group, but i never get a reply.
we have booked now to go in july next year, and as we have got a free child place used the money saved to get a superior family room.
any info on these would be most usefull.
look forward to meeting the lady with the toilet roll :lol:
hope to start being a regular on this superb website, superb way to give each other peace of mind on our holidays into the unknown. :D [/b]
Hi all

Me the wife and 10month old son are off to Helios Bay in 2 weeks time and i just have a couple of questions.

1. When eating in the restraunt do you have to wear trousers, or will 3/4 type do?

2. Are there mosquitos? :evil:

3. Any tips for young children (10 months) would be great, like is there any sutible food?

Many Thanks

Mark
Hi all

Me the wife and 10month old son are off to Helios Bay in 2 weeks time and i just have a couple of questions.

1. When eating in the restraunt do you have to wear trousers, or will 3/4 type do?

2. Are there mosquitos? :evil:

3. Any tips for young children (10 months) would be great, like is there any sutible food?

Many Thanks

Mark
I wore 3/4 tousers all the time & didn't get questioned once about it .

Yes there are mosquitos. My wife was attacked a couple of times by them, but they didn't bother me.

Suggest you e-mail the hotel about food for your baby. They will try & help if they can.
good question mark, my son will be 18 months old when we go.....do the shops have nappies? or do we have to travel away from area to get nappies?
You can get nappies in the shop on site but very limited and expensive.(only 2 packs seen at a time!) In the town there is a chemist but it may be better to take your own brand unless you travel to the bigger towns. Some of the small shack like shops had started to shut down on the 1st september so shopping may be limited unless you go for a trip to Sunny beach.
I saw babies having some local food on offer but I would take some food for them, maybe some older type jars, rusks etc although the hotel would help you I sure, but food they are not used to all week might upset their tum. :yuck my older kids were fine.
They do ask men to wear long trousers, (in welcome meeting) and most men did. :wink:
Buy things like postcards in shops outside hotel ie in hotel shop 1.5lev outside 0.5lev :shock:
Many Thanks for your replies

Just one more question please.

On the evening does it get very cold? As in wrap up warm, or can you still sit outside in shorts still?:glynis

Many Thanks

Mark
Mid August was fine to sit out in shorts & shirt. I think the temperature starts dropping in September so you may find it cooler in the evening. Also the humidity is similar to this country which when we were there it was a bonus.
My husband and our 2 kids have booked for this hotel for next july. :D We also booked with porland and we saved round about £550.00 :P . It is unbelievable the diffrence in price as portland are from the thomsons group .It is the same flight we go on as booking with thomsons.We are reallly looking forward to next years family holiday as the one we were on this year was like a holiday from hell we were in an all inclusive hotel in callela in the costa brava. :evil: i am hoping to see a good few fabs reviews before we go.I am so glad to hear that 3/4 lenght trousers are ok for gents as that is all my husband wears on holiday.I will get him to pack a couple of pair of long onesjust incase as i remember being in the timafiya palace in Lanzarote and my husband had to buy some long trousers as they would not let him in with his 3/4 lenghts and they were smart and dressy looking.
I was wondering if any one can tell me a bit about the kids club i have 2 age 4 and 10.
what are times ect and are they free ....

Thanks
gail 33. I'm going to Callela in October. What hotel did you stay in?
My kids (aged 10 & 12) really enjoyed the clubs. They are run by the hotel & are free. They also have a clubhouse for the smaller kids which looks ok. They seem to stagger the times throughout the day. No clubs on Sunday as it is the animation team day off.
Thanks lovejoy for that at least i know the kids will be well looked after.
We steyed the hotel osiris in Callela .Well you couldnt really call it a hotel it was more like a zoo.That is what the locals call it and it sums it up to a tee.
gail 33. I'm glad it not the same hotel as we have booked. Our hotel is called the (Hotel Top) Amaika. Did you hear any reports about it?
That hotel is good it looks onto the beach.Your hotel is from the same chain as the osiris , as you can use your all inclusive card to get a meal or drink in any of the h10 hotels in callela, pineda and santa suzanna there is a free bus that will take you round, i never went into the Amaika but my mother did for a meal and she said it was lovely, so i dont think you will have any problems at that hotel.Try and walk up to the Osiris if you have time you will know by the noise when you get near it is a little bit further up the hill from where you are just round from the white horse bar, if you feel brave enough you could go in for a drink.Great thing about Callela is the shops there are plenty of them, and the weather was nice too.
Thanks for the info gail 33.
we are off to riu helios bay on the 20th september for 1 week with another couple. we both have small children we have a 4 year old daughter and a 5 month old son. the other couple have a 6 year old daughter. it will be our first time there and feel alot more possitive about it now after reading some of the forums. the big question is what is the weather like at the moment? has anybody just come back?.
hopefully it will be a great time.
Hi MICHELLE & JOHN,

the big question is what is the weather like at the moment?

You will find local weather conditions & 5-day forecast for Obzor HERE
Hi Again

Fly out Friday morning, i hope the weather improves!!

Can anyone tell me if the hotel will provide a courtesy room on departure? as we check out at 12.00 miday and don't fly until midnight.

Can we pay to have a room, just to shower and keep our luggage in etc?

Many Thanks

Mark
There is a luggage room which is secure. You can keep your room for longer. We kept ours until 8 PM & it cost 80 levs (about £29). We shared ours with the rest of travelling companions so it only worked out about (£10 each family). I would highly recommend you rent your room for this period as it gives you up until mid afternoon until you need to start packing, showering etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.