Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We'll have to work out the sums tomorrow. The flights are a lot cheaper, but we'd have to travel up the night before & stay in a hotel, because of the flight times. Of course there's also petrol. We could travel to Bristol on the same morning, but we'd still have to pay £33 parking. I'm getting tired of looking tonight, will do the maths tomorrow. Bristol airport is around 2 1/2 hrs from here - Luton is around 4 1/4
those dates are the start of the kids halfterm so probably attracting a price premium - even to Poland !!, maybe its seen as a time when a lot of 'locals' go home for the week before they return to the UK.

Chris
Both hubby & I work in a school, so we always have to pay those premium prices. If I'm only going to save around £20, I don't think I fancy doing the extra journey to Luton just for 3 days.
Just paid £742 for 5 flights to Palma for 12 nights first week in August. Looked at other airlines and Ryanair were by far the cheapest. Did anyone get a bargain for Majorca by booking when flights were first released? Just need to find some accommodation now!!
Although not to Majorca but I booked some summers flights for my daughter, her hubby and 2 kids to Valencia 3 weeks ago - the total was £280, if I booked them today the sames flights would cost £521 !

Chris
Hi everyone.
Our Daughter as just book a holiday to Lanzarote travelling with ryanair.
We have only travelled with them once many years ago.
Can someone explain the on line check in please. How does it all work?
What should she be careful of or watch out for, if anything.
Many thanks.
charlie123xxx,

Online check-in is straight forward. Just follow the instruction on the online check-in page. Enter all your details very carefully and double check everything before pressing enter. Once all your details are entered and you're checked-in, simply print out the boarding card. Once you get to the airport, you can go staight through to the departure louge. Your printed boarding card will be scanned in the same way as a normal boarding card. Any bags will need to be checked-in at the airport. The main thing to be wary of is making sure all your details are entered correctly.

Darren
Just to add to what Darren has said, make sure you leave the printed boarding pass on an A4 piece of paper, DO NOT cut it. I have read of people being charged £40pp for checking in on the day as they had cut the boarding pass.

luci :wave
Thank you.
I no this might sound a bit stupid but what about coming back?
Do you print them both at the same time and take the return with you.:oops:
Online check in is available up to 15 days before departure of each flight, so as long as she is going away for 15 days or less, both could be done at the same time.

David :wave
Came back from Valencia yesterday.

For the first time we (I know it has been mentioned before) had a 'Ryanair' person at the departure gate and their sole job was checking the size of all hand luggage going and if it looked too big you had to place your bag in the Ryanair bagsize checker.

Several had cases too large or overpacked and had to repack etc etc. Those that couldn't repack due to the physical size of the hand luggage case had to pay £30/€35 fee and they had a large sticky label showing 'Gate Fee' placed on their bag.

Chris
  • Edited by TFS1 2010-02-12 19:45:09
Thank you for the info.
I don't think they will have hand luggage but will pass it on.
Just the hold cases, 15k allowance I think.
hi there my mom is flying with ryan air from birmingham and she has not got a clue about online check in can someone please explain what to do,also she has been told she has to print her airline tickets out too thanks all
Hi madmadge .. I have transferred your enquiry to our Ryanair Q&As topic, where you will see online check in discussed just a few posts above. Ryanair is a ticketless airline, so it is the boarding passes that your mum would print. If anything is still unclear, just ask.

David :wave
madmadge,

Online check-in is pretty straight forward. All she needs to do is enter all her details on the Ryanair online check-in website and follow the on screen details. She needs to make sure she enters all her details accurately, double check everything before pressing next. Once she's checked in, you simply print out the boarding card. The boading card is used in exactly the same way as you would a boarding card issued at the airport. It'll have all the flight details at the top, and a secure barcode at the bottom. Don't tear off the bottom portion as the gate agent will do that when boarding the flight. When she gets to the airport, if she's no bags to check-in, simply head thtough security to the departure lounge. Security will want to scan the boarding card. If she has bags to check-in, there'll be a baggage drop off desk assigned for Ryanair.

Darren
thanks dazbo for the fast reply yes she does have bags,that sounds simple enough i will help her :tup thanks david too
I'm sure you are aware but thought I would mention it ......she can/will also need to online 'checkin' and print boarding card(s) for the return flight.

If within 15 days of the flight it can be done at the same time as doing the outbound checkin.

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.