Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/winner-of-10000-euro-ryanair-scratch-card-eats-winning-ticket

The amount they charge for food and drinks I would have thought they would not have had a problem paying out !

Chris
Its a great story...

funny how the scratch card company did not offer up another option like funds towards offsetting carbon omissions.......that is a point - just what happens to that money when airline websites offer it up? :offtop
Not sure I believe this story - more self created PR tosh from Ryanair?
Being a cynic and knowing how Ryanair's PR machine works I was also thinking that there's a distinct whiff of a stunt here but I'm not sure how. Presumably there are independent witnesses to what happened on the plane - but none of the 99000 hits on Google for +ryanair +scratchcard for entries in the last 24 hours seem to mention any. But if it didn't happen at all then by now I'd have expected one of the other passengers to have contacted a tabloid - which also doesn't seem to have happened.
I would have feared that the 'scratchable' bit of the card might contain chemicals that would lead to a tummy upset .........

Sounds like a put-up job to me. After all of course Ryanair wouldn't carry this sort of cash on board ... they've got enough trouble giving you change from a £10 note.
hi there my moms a bit worried about ryanair shes been told that sometimes they phone and cancel your flight is this true or are they reliable thanks all
madmadge,

There's no need for her to worry. Odd flights do get cancelled but it's often due to situations beyond Ryanairs control. For example the recent weather. If a flight is cancelled, passengers are offered a refund or alternative flights (if available).

Darren
Hi madmadge,

Sometimes (and its only sometimes!) if their flight schedules change they may move your flight from one day to another. We had this recently - booked a Wed out, Wed return and was changed to Thur/Thur, we did book the flight many many months ago when the flights were first published but thankfully the change didn't affect us. We were advised in good time of this change it was about 3 months before we were due to fly.

We have also had a change advised for our next Valencia return flight. When we booked there were 2 return flights on the day we had chosen, an early morning and a late evening. We chose the late evening and the schedule has now changed and there is only 1 return flight - mid morning, which we have accepted.

We have never had a flight cancelled with Ryanair but sometimes, as described above, changes are made - which you can refuse and get your money back if not acceptable but then that means, of course, rebooking maybe at a higher cost.

Chris
thanks very much for the replies i will try and convince her all will be ok she has really good flight times at the minuite so fingers crossed that the wont be changed :tup
I don't think Ryanair are any more prone to schedule changes months in advance or cancellations on the day than any other airline. The problem is their "customer service" when things do go wrong - at their prices you haven't really paid for much!
Flight no FR1129 from Gran Canaria to Birmingham was delayed for several hours yesterday, does anyone know what the problem was ?
Ha Ha ! There's a good publicity seeking April Fool on page 7 of the current Ryanair mag relating to passengers having to carry their own hold luggage to and from the aircraft in order to reduce costs.

Oops, did I just give them some free publicity :think
andy
Anyone know when Ryanair will be releasing flights to Tenerife in November from Bristol.
Anybody know if the current service between Dublin and Karlsruhe-Baden will run this summer?
hi, i was just wobderibg what aircraft operated todays Liverpool to Dublin flight - FR443

thanks.
razza923,

Todays FR443 was operated by EI-DAE. It makes little difference which registration operates Ryanair flights, their fleet of 738's are identical.

Darren
hi thanks for that i thought it was that registration but i got confused as this aircraft had the old seats yet online cabin photos from 2009 for this aircraft show the new style seats
Ryanair hikes peak summer baggage fee

The cost of checking in a bag is being hiked to £20 by Ryanair for passengers flying during the summer peak.The £5 increase from £15 for a checked in bag will apply to passengers travelling in July and August.

The additional charge comes into force for all bookings made after midnight tomorrow (April 7).

The no-frills carrier urged passengers to travel with carry-on bags only using its free 10kg carry-on baggage allowance.

A spokesman said: "Ryanair is determined to incentivise passengers to travel light this summer by increasing our checked-in baggage fees for the months of July and August only.

"These baggage fees, which are avoidable by passengers, will apply to bookings made after midnight (24:00hrs) Wednesday for travel in July and August.

"From 1st September the checked-in bag fee will return to its current level of £15.

"Over 70% of all Ryanair passengers will be unaffected by these changes because they travel with no checked-in bags."

With permission from Travelmole
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.