Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
i think i would be more worried about security :duh
I believe over 10% of people who travel on Ryanair are non -EU citizens - it may not be a big deal to you Wizard, but it is to many on this forum
i didn't say that it didnt worry me i said

i think i would be more worried about security
given 75% of people check in on line already (I think thats the figure), the time to worry, if its warranted, was before now
also excluded from checking in online are people with infants, and children on a parents passport
add to that
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=chk&quest=documents

thats becoing quite a list of people who won't be able to travel with Ryanair, unless they relax their on-line check-in conditions
  • Edited by David 2009-02-21 20:38:48
    Post edited for copyright reasons. Weblink inserted to replace quoted text.
And surprising as it may sound in this day and age, there are still quite a few people who don't have a computer or easy access to one. I'm basically OK as I only travel with Ryanair to Denmark a couple of times a year to visit a friend for a few days, so 10kg hand luggage is enough, especially if I wear my heaviest clothes, but for a longer stay it would be a nightmare.

On a different note, I see that we can now check in on line up to 14 days before travelling. Does this mean that we can also check in for the return flight at the same time, as long as it's within the 14 days? If so, where do we do that? I've had a look at the site and it only seems to ask for confirmation number and where flying from, which is presumably outbound, with no mention of return. I'm not going out until 9th March, returning on 14th, but it would be very convenient if I could check in for both flights from here.
On a different note, I see that we can now check in on line up to 14 days before travelling. Does this mean that we can also check in for the return flight at the same time, as long as it's within the 14 days?

yes, I just done that - when checking in online I was asked if I wanted to confirm the return at the same time and did
Thanks Mark. It will save me having to do it in Denmark.
I printed the return at the same time as outbound for the first time last month (i usually print the return when I'm out there) and when I got to security at Dublin the damn thing wouldn't scan - the security person asked if i'd had it in my bag on the way out as the X-ray's may affect the bar code!! I had to go and queue for a manual boarding card and then re-queue for security. Colleagues of mine say that they have never had a problem though :que
the security person asked if i'd had it in my bag on the way out as the X-ray's may affect the bar code!!

its not a bar code as such, just something printed on a piece of paper, so that sounds bonkers - did you get charged for the manual boarding card ?
phildo74 wrote:
the security person asked if i'd had it in my bag on the way out as the X-ray's may affect the bar code!!

That's a new one on me and it not a sensible answer to the problem. There's no way x-rays would cause that problem to a printed boarding card, let alone one printed on a home computer. It's more likely to be a problem with actual printing, maybe the paper and ink used made the bar code difficult to read or if it's got damp at any stage, altered the spacings (ink run slightly)?

Darren
Flying from man to dublin in June for a wedding, can I take on a suit bag as well as my hand luggage?
bluemoon,

No. Ryanair are very strict with one bag per person. Details here.

Darren
Definitely not. Ryanair are one of the strictest airlines I have flown with. It is strictly 1 item of hand luggage, and that will have to be of the right dimensions as well.
Can someone please tell me if Ryanair flights are ATOL or ABTA covered.
My understanding of this is that if you book seats directly with an airline you are not ATOL protected. If you book using a credit card you would probably have some protection there but it is best to check first with your card provider.

I am sure other posters will correct me if I am giving inaccurate information..
caroleyuk -

Sorry I meant to say in my post that you can check this website http://www.caa.co.uk Its the ATOL database and you can check if a company is ATOL bonded.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.