Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Sa Coma Platja
12 Posts
Locations wise it is virtually right on the beach. A lot of people get muddled with the Sa Coma Platja and the Sa Coma Playa which is a Thomson Platinum hotel.

We were in Cala Bona in February and the receptionist at the hotel we were in said that the Sa Coma Platja was now a predominately German hotel.

There are a lot of bars around the hotel and it is very, very British. Also be aware that there is quite a lot of building work in the area although they have to stop the work by May so you shouln't get the noise from that. I do suspect though that there is quite a bit of noise from the bars etc.

Personally we did not like Sa Coma - yes it has a lovely beach but apart from that it is a little like an English seaside resort!!

Have you considered somewhere like Puerto Pollensa which is a much more attractive resort and is slightly better for scenery too.

We were going to be staying at the Sa Coma Playa in May but changed our minds and are now going to Puerto Soller.

Pippa
Hi, yes i know what you mean about Sa Coma, it is too british, thats why we much prefer Sillot its just that the beach and hotels generally tend to be better in Sa Coma. We considered Pollensa but as we have been to Sa Coma before, we thought it best to go for what we know while the children are young, safe option really. I have just been looking at the Paraiso in Sa Coma and the Palmeras Playa as they are also close to the beach and much closer to Sillot. Has anyone got any personal opinions to help me out, would be very grateful. Thank you.
Palmeras Playa is part of the renowned Protur group who are extremely good. We go to the Protur Alicia in Cala Bona which is an excellant hotel but only available as a package with Portland Holidays in the summer months - we go in the winter as we can book direct at a very good price.

Generally speaking all the Protur hotels get good reviews.

Pippa

P.S. - Vista Badia is also owned by Protur.
Hi I stayed at the Sa Coma Platja 4 years ago and there were reports then that there may be noise but to be honest we never had a problem. We went on a self catering basis and we were really pleased with the room and we had a lovely balcony that overlooked the pool and sea.

You could at the time we were there book breakfast and evening meals in block bookings of 3 and it was reasonably priced, we saved £500 doing it that way than booking half board, plus you had the best of both worlds as you could just go out to eat if you wanted a change.

It's very much for families and the entertainment was laid on by the reps and very much relied upon audiance participaption if you like that sort of thing.

As said before it is literally right on the beach and the bus stop is just outside the hotel.

Hope this helps :D

Shell :D
Hasn't the Sa Coma Platja been taken over by a German tour operator? :cry:
I have read rumblings about that but would it be such a bad thing? The Germans I would imagine have high standards :shrug
Hi Shell. I didnt mean it would be a bad thing, just wondered if British tour operators would be able to use the Sa Coma Platja or if it would be something like the Bouganvilla (owned by German equivalent of Airtours/Thomsons).
Hi all. Can you still book the Sa Coma Platja through British tour ops? If so, which one. Thinking of going in October. :D Thanks.
Hi Pargaluvva

Looks like you can still book through Cosmos

http://www.cosmos.co.uk/generalresults.php?searchtype=findaccomadation

Shell :D
Hi Shell. Thanks for that. Tried various dates but 'no results found'. :cry:
:cry: As far as I can see, Cosmos are the only British Tour op you can book with.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.