Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
kettle
86 Posts
:D thanks for that. i think i might just buy a travel one.
just returned from 1 week in the salauris. We had a great time, the hotel was clean and staff very friendly. The rooms were a good size and balcony was big.

We arrived at 9.30 and were told our room would not be ready until 1pm. There was a locked luggage room so we got changed and went to the pool until the room was ready so it wasnt too much of a problem. There was no kettle in the room. There was however a fridge which was great for cool water and beer.

On friday there was big inflatables in the pool all day for kids and adults which was great fun.

Any questions feel free to ask.
:D hiya lesley200, did they supply the inflatables for one day or did you have to supply your own? i thought there was no inflatables allowed?? we go there on sunday
Hi

The inflatables were a big slide and a pirate ship and a mat tied from one side of the pool to the other to walk over. They wernt small inflateables
:D thanks for your reply
:wave hi just got back from the salauris palace and in my opinion it was a very nice hotel and the rooms were of a good size for a family of four,staff were o.k. and the kids club was good ,but, the food wasn't of a four star quality. we only had real sausages once in two weeks and every thing that didn't get eaten at evening meal, like potatoes, for instance, were there in the morning for breakfast. one morning there was chips and they were from the night before. it catered for the foreigners and not the british. chips and green peppers in oil for breakfast?? my kids didn't eat most nights, they didn't like the choices. i don't think i'll return here, i've been to the med village twice and it's definitely better for everything and both are h10
I am going to Salauris Palace on fri 7th. Just wondering if you have to pay for air conditioning, use of hairdryer, safe and mini fridge? Not too sure on how much money to take!!
Hi

We went to salauris in may and had great hol

The mini bar i think had a bottle of water in when we arrived. It was not filled up with any other drinks during the stay. It was great to pop a few beers in for drinks on the balcony.

The safe is free, one of those ones where you make up your own code to lock it. Great (unless you forget the code ha!)but reception soon sort that out for you

There is a hairdryer in the bathroom which is ok

have a grt time
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Pippy :D
:)
im off to salauaris palace 3 weeks from today on the 31st! Cant wait too should be a laugh!
Hi,
I am due to travel to the salauris palace with my wife and 2 children (aged 6 & 2) in 2 weeks and was just wondering if anyone could tell me if some rooms were better to ask for on arrival than others ?
Also, any advise on the area, shows or good places to visit etc would be helpful. Thanks, Nick
stayed there two weeks ago. lovely hotel food was good but got fed up with it the 2nd week. staff friendly and everything you want is in the hotel had a fab time. :)
I stayed here also, with my three teenage sons,came back 4 August 2006, good entertainment for children and adults, had a great time. All rooms are spacious and cleaned every day. Agree with emmamcc02, food good, but did get fed up with it after a week. I'm sure you will love this hotel and have a great time :D
:D after being at this hotel in june and saying about the food, i'm giving it another shot next october, as the hotel was good and it had everything from kids club, area for portaventura and the shops etc. we got a good price for half board. does anyone know if aquapolis is open in october? i know costa caribe isn't,the outdoor area.
Hi,

We have now returned from the salauris palace and we did enjoy our break.
The location is excellent and PortAventura is a MUST whether you have kids or not. However, I advise you to make sure the food at the Salauris is cooked properly as there were some instances that we were concerned about - esspecially for a 4* hotel. There was even 1 time that the food on the CHILDRENS section was totally uncooked. I am not one for complaining, but we had to inform the hotel manager before they would remove the food from general consumption !!. Beside this, the hotel was of a good standard, clean and the rooms spacious.
hi, thinking of booking next june to salauris palace. read some good reviews on this hotel and wanted to be near theme park so sounds ideal. was just wondering if theres much to do for teenagers as will have 3 boys aged16. 15,and 7, anyone with any info will be great, chee :D rs ali
I stayed there in 2005 and it was great. there is an internet cafe, kids club (really funny) they are lots of prices to be won, there is loads of games they play, there is an adventure park on site, the pool is really big etc... and it is great place to get to the theme parks.

if you need any other information on thie place, PM me.
Just booked to go here in May and was wondering if anyone can give me info on the nearest Supermarkets as we will be taking our son who will be 17 months old and might need jars of food if he doesn't eat the food in the hotel.

Any other info on the Bars near this hotel will help.

I have read the reports and although some mixed reviews i'm looking forward to it.
Merged with existing topic which may have some additional information.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.