Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Are cots available free in the Salauris and how much is it to hire a fridge?
:wave: hi i think the cots would be free and if i'm correct in remembering the hire od the fridge in the room is 3 euros a day.
:tup Cheers Beermat, thanks for the info. Its just that i'm going to need a fridge for my sons milk.

Are there any other things you can hire or will i have to take my own kettle? :que
:wave: hi nezi. i bought a travel kettle it was only £7.00 from the local shop before we went. it has two cups along with it. remember the travel plug!!don't think there is anything else to hire. deposit box was free when we were there.
Cheers Beermat, i will just have to buy a kettle before i go, its not for tea or coffee its to heat up my sons food :sun2
Hi.
Can any one tell me if there is a cash point near to the Salauris Palace hotel.
We are traveling on the 23 June and as there will be 5 of us we tend to go through quite a bit of cash.
As I bank with Nationwide we can withdraw cash free abroad, and I normally find I get a better exchange rate this way, so as long as we dont get charged by the chash point operator (too much) it should be a better deal.
If not does this hotel change travellers cheques.
Thanks for your help.
Keith.
Keith,

There might be one inside the hotel. If not, there's definitely one in the reception area of the Hotel Vil.LaRomana which is next door. I've got a beter rate using this machine over the last 2 years than I could've got at home. There are also several cashpoints around the Placa Europa, which is the big roundabout just down the road from the hotel.

HB
hi there's one to the right hand side just inside the front door, at least it was there last year.
p.s. they also change cheques at the reception.have a nice time ;)
Hi
Thanks beermat and HB, looks like my flexi friend will be travelling with me.
Regards
Keith :sun2 :sun2
hi, im off to salauris palace in 9 days. i was just wondering what channels they had on sky on the tv in room and do all rooms have hair dryers.And also does anyone know if they have any rooms with ajjoining doors?any info would be great, thanks ali :tup
:wave: hi i was told no adjoining rooms. there are hairdryers. the programmes on the t.v's are news 24 and eurosport. there was a film channel but in spanish sure there was cartoons but not sure of the language.
Hi, I am going to this hotel on Sunday for a week (yipee) and just wondering if anyone who has been before could tell me which rooms are best? Are there pool/sea view rooms, or which ones would I be able to see the fireworks from? I usually fax a hotel with a request before we go, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt so worth a try!

Hi All,

We (2 Adults & 1Child) stayed at the Salauris Palace in Oct. 2005 and were really impressed with it. Food was great, especially the made to order Omletts in the morning.

My sister stayed at the hotel last may while we were at the Hotel Post Aventura, and when I called to her room I almost collapsed !! They had given her a 'Suite' which was bacically a double room consising of a double bedroom, sitting room and the largest Jacuzzi bathroom I'd ever seen in a spanish holiday resort hotel. It was everthing a family would want - space, facilities and a double balcony.

Now, I doubt if they have too many of these type rooms available but it could well be worth emailing them to find out (and they could well charge extra for the privilage). It was obvioul;y a case of being the only available room when my sister arrived.

If anyone needs it I could poss. find out the exact room number !

Tom
Sorry Cheekychops,

Re Best normal rooms...Insist on a Pool side room at about mid level (floors 2 or 3). They are a good bit noisy during the day (if the pool is full) but at night they are enjoyable on the large balconies. The Street side just have a view of the Port Aventura Caribe Hotel, the street and the nearby Railway line.

Try not to get a room to high up as they are limited lifts available and when its busy for mealtimes you can be waiting quite a while to get down to floor level. Also if your on the 1st. or 2nd. floor you can always use the stairs

T
Brilliant tomgilboy thanks for the info! :)
I have booked 1 week in september at the Salauris Palace Hotel. Can anyone tell me what it is like? I am travelling alone so need to know that I will be able to feel safe :)
:wave: hi flossy we go for 11 days in september next door to you in vil.la.romana, but been to salauris twice. it's a really nice hotel with entertainment on and the food is quite good. you are close to shops and beach(5-10 mins walk). theme park is the same distance. any questions just ask :tup
:thanks beermat. I can't wait to go, only 17 weeks and 3 days to go. When are you going? Just one more question, do the bathrooms have baths or just showers?

Flossy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.