Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Akyaka/Gokove and only 44 minutes from Dalaman airport.

John
Altinkum, also sandy, no sudden depth changes in the sea and not too crowded.
have a look at the hotels in belek they are all on a nice sandy beach . great kids clubs to .

bluepeterno1
thank you ill will read up on them resorts,thinking of 1st wk in oct, if it warm enough,i have poor mobility so id like beside the beach,
my child would not go to kids clubs,he cannot mix well due to poor social skills, but he loves the beach ,we really are on a budget, so fingers crossed, thanks everyone :lol:
akyaka has lovely beach and the sea doesnt get deep quickly, you need to find a hotel down near the beach as akyaka is on a steep hill but as long as you were at the lower town/ beach area you would be fine, restaurants are cheaper here than most tourist places in turkey as it isnt too touristy but the scenery is stunning. you would have to book a private hotel as no big TO have hotels there, have a look at this website

http://akyaka.com/index.php

karen
Side has some glorius beaches and if you are happy to book a hotel in the german quarter then the hotels are on the beach
del949
I would agree with others about Akyaka. It would be perfect for you and your son. We stayed a few years ago at the Yucelen, which is right on the beach. They even bring you afternoon tea and cakes to your sun bed, free of charge! There is hotel and apartment accommodation at the Yucelen, we stayed in an apartment, which was quite basic but very clean.
Here is a link to their website http://www.yucelen.com.tr/eng_otel/gokova.php
Anatolion Sky do packages here (or they used to), but I do know someone who booked directly with the hotel, and had a much cheaper holiday.
Have a lovely time!
1. Alanya. i really loved its sand.
2. I agree with everybody- Akyaka Gokova:
http://www.akyakam.com , Sedir Island's sand is something wonderful!
Check Fethiye-OluDeniz region, as well as the Antalya provincal coast (Kemer, Patara, etc.)

Gokova-Akyaka is nice, you go a long distance from the shore to reach deep waters. But the water there is a bit colder then the usual (it has cold springs underneath, you can actually see the sand bubbling at the forest end of the beach.)

Turunch and Kumlubuk (both near Marmaris) have very nicely rounded pebbles, so I actually prefer those to sandy beaches. It is like natural foot-massage.
no sand in Kemer( antalya ) at all...
Don't think you should be put off by nkt777's comment about cooler sea at Akyaka. When we there we didn't notice it being cold at all, in fact because it is shallow such a long way out, it seemed warmer if anything! Its definitely one of the best and safest beaches for small children
Of course we love Turunc, because that is where our apartment is, but if a sandy beach is a top priority, this would not be for you. The beach is lovely, extremely clean, but a mixture of sand and shingle, whilst its great for older children and adults, you can get better for small children. (The same with Kumlubuk)
i agree with alfie, we go to akyaka a lot and no way have i noticed the sea cooler so not sure what nkt777 means, my little daughter loves akyakas beach and its perfect as its shallow and fairly calm
Sorry, I didn't mean Akyaka is unbearably cold. We used to have a summerhouse there and I swam in that sea for many years as a kid. And it has lovely scenery too.

I just meant it is relatively a little colder than the other places I was mentioning in the post.

Come to think of it, parts of Turunch is coldish too.
Akyaka is a bit cold. I must agree. But in such a hot weather like it is usually in Turkey in summer it is the best! :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.