Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
philisa1,

Welcome onboard :tup
You may find members Resort Reports helpful.

Darren
patara has a large sandy beach but most of the area in the antaliya region is sandy, sagragarmi is sand as well but not golden :sun2
Hi, You say that you are put off Side because it caters mainly for Germans. It all depends on the type of holiday you want. If you want all inclusive or big complex hotels you will certainly find yourselves amongst the German and Russians. However we have been goind to Side for the past five years, always staying in one of the many small hotels situated in antique Side, the old part within the city walls. This is the true Turkey, basic ,but friendly hotels or pensions with many restaurants in the area. Just stay away from the harbourside. There is the small town beach or the long East beach, both of soft white sand. We meet many people from Sweden and the Netherlands but no Germans or Russians. On the internet look at ,Yali Hotel, Villa Onemli, Beach House, Lale Park , Tuana ,and Kamer Hotel
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to reply and sorry I have not been back on here myself to respond.

Anyway, my wife and I are now thinking of staying further west than the Side/Antalya area. We want to stay in a hotel on a private beach preferably, but further west.

Therefore, can anyone make a recommendation aside from Antalya area that would tick the following boxes:

1.5* hotel on a private Sandy beach preferred and not shingle
2.Good restuarants/markets etc close to hotel
3.Not a Blackpool replica such as Marmaris/Gumbet (as I have been led to believe)
Don't expect to find soft powdery South Sea Island beaches anywhere in Turkey because there aren't any.Even on the best beaches the sand can be a little coarse,although not pebbly.Patara has one of the best but there are no 5* hotels there just small family run places(but still very nice).Sarıgerme has a nice bach and there is the Sarıgerme Hilton there which is good.Dalyan beach is good and there are some nice hotels there but you need to take a short boat ride down to the beach.The Çeşme peninsula also has several very decent beaches-and some good hotels so that could be worth investigating.There are a few other spots with nice beaches but they are more remote(MUCH longer transfer!) and have only small boutique style hotels.Are you looking for all the wide facilities and A.I: system of a 5* resort or just the comfort?If it is the latter then you can find that in any good quality boutique hotel plus a more personal service too.The huge complexes generally do not have such good beaches and have become so over used that they are deteriorating even more.
You referred to Turtle Beach, it is a beautiful beach and is protected because it's the nesting ground for loggerhead turtles. That's why there are no hotels there, and the resort is just up the river. As some others have said you don't tend to get perfect sandy beaches in Turkey, but this is definitely one of the best, and the scenery as you travel down the river is amazing.
Another place with a good sandy (hard-packed) beach is Akyaka, which has stunning scenery, but none of it is private. I don't know of any hotels with private beaches in Turkey.
What you are seeking I believe is more likely to be available in the area you said you don't particularly want to go to which is the Antalya area.
The area to the west has many smaller family run hotels, and small apartment complexes, which are lovely, very personal, but if that is not what you are after this may not be the best area to look at.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.