Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Re: Sanur, Bali
30 Posts
In Ubud I loved both places we stayed at- the Waka Namya and the Komeneka. The second was my favourite- absolutely ideal position on Monkey Forest Road. I think though that there will plenty of others of the same standard. :)
Hi , now we have booked our flights I need to book a hotel , not sure wether to splash out on a beachfront hotel as some of the ones a little away from the beach are quite a lot cheaper.
I have seen a couple of lovely balinese style bungalow hotels which do appeal to me, but does anyone now if you can hire snloungers on the beach or do they all belong to the beachfront hotels? thanks, shirley.
Some of the shacks hire out loungers. We had already decided the last time we went that we wouldnt get up at the crack of dawn to reserve loungers and would just walk along the beach( but there were always loungers at any time of the day at our hotel as it turned out)
Any particular place you were interested in?
thanks Fiona, there are a few I have seen on review sites , Stana Puri Gopa looks nice and also Swastika Bungalows, I am thinking budget end property in Sanur (now I am used to Goa hotels lol) then splash out a bit more in Ubud and KL , I love looking at hotels and spend hours before I decide ;)
I wondered if you were referring to the Swastika bungalows. I checked them out for another member. We saw inside a couple of rooms. They are a bit dated but then they are budget. Have to say I thought they were in a lovely setting and I would have been happy enough there. Pool area is nice as well.( If I remember rightly there are two pools). Also in a good position. Just minutes from the beach and quite a few places to eat around it. I might have a few photos- will check.
Even better- forgot I had short video clips of the hotel :) I've pmd you
Thanks Fiona, really kind of you, my husband says he doesn't like the sound of the name swastika bungalows, I explained to him that swastika means sun god in Hindu :rofl
Any suggestions for good places to go for breakfast in Sanur ?
we never bothered with breakfast, even when it was included as part of the package :) I shouldn't imagine you will find any difficulty finding somewhere good though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.