Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
I have noted that Bali seems to have extended high season from end of August to end of September / early October. Apparently there is a big increase in Japanese / Korean tourists, and a lot of their holidays are not similar to mainstream western ones - i.e. you couldn't book a 5* in Bali during Golden Week in May!
Bali is enjoying a come back so let's hope no-one spoils it again. The downside of this is that the hotel prices have skyrocketed.

It's not uncommon to book a year in advance. We booked a year ago for our stay in May/June. We also needed to book well in advance for two weeks from 26th December this is peak period due to Australian summer and school holidays.

Pete are you booking direct with the hotels or going through an agent? There is a reputable agent in Bali called Mida, I know lots of people who have booked through her... if you want her details give us a shout.

Hope you get in somewhere.

Cheers Geri
Hi TS / Geri,

Sorted! Have managed to get 12 nights at the Bali Hyatt, Sanur. They have confirmed at last.
Unfortunately that means that Fiona will be chasing me for a review!

Geri - Thanks for the offer of the contact in Bali.

I must admit that, although the gardens and facilities look good at the Hyatt, we have not really wanted to try those rather ordinary looking square accommodation blocks (although the rooms are meant to be very good).

So, September it is; 12 nights Sanur in the Hyatt and then 3 nights KL on the way home - Equatorial. All flights Malaysian.

Cheers

Peter
Pete
I know what you mean about the Hyatt. We didn't like the look of the accomodation blocks either but there are good reviews of it. We have wondered through the garden areas and thought they were good with lots of sunbeds as well. We actually came close to booking it last year.
And of course I will be looking for a report :rofl I am glad things are getting busier for Bali. Sanur had quite a few restaurants empty or near empty when we have been there.
Hi Fiona,

Yes, Bali does seem to be getting busier. We blamed the lack of rooms last year on the Singapore Grand Prix (a lot of people staying in SE Asia slightly before and / or for a week or two after).

Sure enough the GP is at the end of September this year again, so perhaps this is partly to blame - I remember the Anantara in Hua Hin being quite full last year with people who had been at the Grand Prix.

Two years ago, Sept / Oct, (when we were last in Sanur ) there appeared to be plenty of accommodation and the restaurants were not too busy. Just hope that we can get a reasonable price for a couple of nights in Ubud. We don't want to pre-book Ubud as we will take ourselves off as and when the mood takes us. May even do Kuta this year............

Peter
What about researching a few Ubud hotels in advance so that you have an idea of what you want?
Already have three in mind :)

(and I am sure that my leader has done her homework) :think

(Ananda Cottages - room 21!!!)

Peter
:D
I am envious- we decided to go elsewhere and now I am wishing we hadn't
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.