Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Sanur ,Bali
59 Posts
Sorry Pete
the GBB is at the opposite end of Sanur from the PS. We did have long walks up the beach but did not get that far. I did not see a "bad" part of the beach though.
Sounds like a hotel review AND photos to be posted when we get back then! :wink:

The beach looks pretty good on Google Earth

Oh! decisions, decisions etc....................

Peter
Beaches are not as good as you would get in Thailand for instance. But I loved Sanur beach- with the colourful fishing boats, and the fisherman working on them and on nets during the day; kids out flying their home made kites; the shrines you come across on the beach;loads of beach shacks for lazy lunches.... Can't wait to get back. And as for sunbeds- we are not going to get stressed this time, and just get some from one of the shacks.
And hire a taxi to see the island- it is just stunning.
kids out flying their home made kites;

I'd forgotten all about the kites. When we were there, adults were flying massive kites that took half-a-dozen people to carry them.

We also went over to Lembongan for the day, might just decide to stay overnight this time.

PS Fiona, I'll not mention the 'G' word on this forum again, sorry. :oops: :lol:
Hi, there are some pictures of the Hyatt on You tube, that some may find interesting....
(I note that this site - or something - edits a link to the you tube
site so, please delete this post if I am breaking any rules)

search for "hyatt sanur"

Also worth searching for just sanur on that site.

Cheers

Peter
fiona,is it easy enough to get a sunbed when staying in the club rooms. :)
sorry les
I don't know yet.
ok thanks fiona anyway :)
Prettypollycat / Fiona

Thanks for your advice (and yes Polly, we will probably miss each other again)

LHR / SIN 27 Sept - 3 Nights Carlton
SIN / DPS 1 Oct - 12 Nights Puri Santrian (Club)
DPS/SIN/LHR 13 Oct .

DIY rather than brochure this trip, all SQ flights and saved approx £230 pp against Premier and almost £450pp against Virgin (must be better than the Monarch experience Polly).

We were there Oct 12 2002 and not sure we wanted to be there on the 5th anniversay - good prices eventually overcame our reservations over the dates.

Peter (PS - not one 'G' word Fiona!)
I'll be able to tell you all about club in PS :D
What would the weather be like in nov. Has anyone been then.
April to October would be the best months but I would still go in November, the earlier the better as December has quite high rainfall. Only my opinion- I know it is an all year round destination.
Ta Fiona i am really tempted to go to bali we usually go to goa in nov but its time to take a break and explore somewhere else, looking for a bargain now should be kept busy for a while,i think it will be sanur it sounds the best for us.
we liked Sanur but are trying Ubud as well and may even have a night in Kuta :lol:
what part were the bombings in, i know they can attack anywhere any time.
we went in nov,2 years ago,about the 24th-27th.we were in malaysia for 2 weeks, & flew over to bali,for 3 nights,as my sister,was on holiday there,so flew over to see her.the weather was absolutely scorching,it was glorious,so much better than it was in malaysia,where it was hot,but overcast.hope this helps
tracy
Thanks Tracy99 that time of the year would suit us better that sounds great.
I have just come back from your neck of the woods,stratford hotel seafront.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.