Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Me and my girlfriend have booked a week at The Faber apartments in June. Its the first time we'll have been to Icmeler so haven't stayed here before but they get good write ups on most sites, seem to tick a lot of your boxes and most importantly are reasonably priced. They're situated at the back of the resort near the old village but well within walking distance of the beach and resort centre.

I've included a link to their website. Worth a look. http://www.faberapart.com/Default.asp?D=EN&M=ANA

Steve
steve-mcr Your right about the Faber, Ticks all the boxes except number 8 No yobs! (hate rowdy noisy louts!) As no one can guarntee that wont happen as they simply dont know until guests arrive!
I would also pur the Pinewood appartments in the same category also.
:tup go to babadan u will like it dolmus 1 minute walk
Last June I went to the Gondol Apartments via Thomas Cook. These are situated on the canal above The Venice Restaurant and opposite to The Majestic Restaurant. They were in an ideal position for everything that you have mentioned. These apartments are family run and I would definitely go back again. The noise levels are kept low after midnight and on the few nights we would meet up with friends for a drink, we were taken down to the far side of the restaurant to keep the noise levels at a minimum. Its also good in the morning to have a lay in if you require it as there is no traffic on the canal area.

Only other place I can think of is http://www.icmeleronline.com this company has a good range of self catering apartments and there is also a good forum on their site too with many members who go to Icmeler year in year out who have given me some great advice on Icmeler as I only started to go there 2 years ago.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.
Hi And thanks to those who replied. I'm aware that the perfect holiday destination is not always possible! LOL! However as always the responses to my querie are useful. So thank You!

alistair and Helen
The old village of Icmeler best suits all your needs have a look through the hotels section and see what others think and make your own mind up.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/turkey/
Kurt Apartments for me. 10-15 mins walk to beach, quiet flat localtion. Nice spotless aprtments.

Steve
Find a nice smaller place usually find these are quieter/ not as many guests there for easier to control noise factor.
Plus groups of younger generation usually go to bigger hotels with loads going on.
But a s we all know the place we found heaven one year can be hell the next so no way round it.
I have also booked Kurt apartments like salford-steve,they look ideal for me,may suit you.
we have stayed at the Tolan which is just behind the Villamar for the last 4 years, the owners there are so friendly and will do anything for you
baba sahin
this is where im going to go I have had a look around , very clean lovely large pool, very central yet quite
and no hills theres plenty of reviews on this site too
I agree with Eddie g about Babadan Apartments, it ticks all your boxes, check out their website. There is also a Discussion running on them, you will have to go back to April 3rd, 2008 to find the last post.

Les
Hi I agree with Feefee1970 The Baba Sahin Apartments at the beginning of the Old Village ticks every box. It is in a quiet spot only 4 minutes walk from the town, on the dolmus route, serves good food, give a warm welcome and you will only meet nice like-minded guests like yourselves. Give it a try you will want to go back year after year....we do.
No-one has mentioned the Sarigul apartments.

We've booked 2 weeks there in June. Which of the boxes don't they tick??

Dave
Box 4, not too hilly.I stayed at the Sarigul a few years ago and for the past 2 years have been going to the apartments next door theCastle apartments.The walk from the town is pleasant except for the last couple of hills. not that steep i know but in the middle of summer and if you are perhaps struggling a bit to walk it may be difficult for some.

I do like the Sarigul and Castle as the views are excellent because you are that bit higher up

stewart
Stewart where about are the Castle Aprtments? I remember seing them, and we were looking in and there was a little old man invited us in but we didn't take him up on his offer. But can't remember where they are, they always seem good value for money when they are on websites like Hotels4u.

Steve
Steve

They are a little off the beaten track in amongst a residentialarea so very quiet. From the old village go past the Prestij apartments/Liverpool chippy and walk for around 400 metres. Turn right up a slight hill for about 50 metres turn left up another slight hill for about 100 metres, turn right up a hill for about 50 metres and the apartments are right in front of you. There are only 2 aparments there the Castle and the Sarigul. Sarigul has about 10 apartments and the Castle about 20. The Castle has 2 pools plenty of beds, The owner Oscar is fabulous

As the Castle is up a few hills the views across Icmeler are fabulous. Lots of reviews on this website and also http://www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk as well as Trip advisor

Stewart
I remember now, I knew I had seen them I just couldnt think where.

Steve
try the angel inn icmeler, 12 apartments immaculate, family run ,look up under google , nice quiet location ,private , book through their web site ,we go 6 or 7 times year and feel like family now , highly recommend this family run apartment
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.