Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Shoes in Goa
32 Posts
I find Indian shoes tend to be flatter than ours but I find there are pretty good shops in Panjim or Mapusa.
I also have wide feet and tend to go for casual more than dressy but always manage to get something at Bata shoes usually around 450 - 500 rupees.
i did find a shop selling doc martens!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
BOB
Your frrt must be rather dainty Bob, get a pair of flip flops :pele :pele
don't think doc marten does flip-flops. :que :que :que
BOB
Depends what you are looking for but if you are on the left hand side of the road going to Calangute steps - after the roundabout a couple of hundred yards down in the newish block of shops is one which sells brilliant shoes.(go past all the fixed price shops) It is a clothes shop but on the left hand side of the window there are some nice shoes which you will find upstairs in the shop. Mostly sandals with lots of bling on them which the guy tells us he sells to Top Shop etc (yes I have heard it all before) but the shoes are nice and while not Goa cheap are UK cheap. I take a 6 and bought quite a few pairs over the last season.
I have bought sandals from Bata in Panjim - sometimes they have good ones other times I wouldn't be seen out in the street in any of them.
The shoes in Panjim market are, usually at a fixed price, with the price being on the bott-om of the shoes, they cost anything between 80-120 rps. there is a huge selection, I know cause I brought back 25 pairs last year. But I have never seen closed in shoes ie like school shoes, they are mainly sandle and flip flop style and plenty of wedges, which I love.
The trouble with me is I am a "Ooooh I like those, I must try them on" type of person, and they usually don't fit so I end up disappointed! I have a couple of pairs of the wedge heeled beaded flip flop style shoes which I wear for special nights out in Goa and I love them but I would like a nice glitzy pair of "evening" shoes, closed in, not strappy but as I said earlier they are usually narrow and I have wide feet :cry They will need to have a mid height heel as I can't wear flat shoes. To get something fashionable in the UK is hard enough (the wider styles seem to me to be more suited to my Granny) so to get something in Goa may be equally elusive. To make matters worse my feet are usually puffy for the first few days after the flight. :duh

Thanks for the suggestions though, I will just have to keep looking. :)
fizzy
re puffy feet. I use the proper flight socks now. They don't look great but boy do they do a good job. :)
The shops seem to cater for narrower dainty feet

Yippee!
Mine are size 2 (European 35) and I get lots of fabulous sandals in Bombay Bazzaar in Panjim.
Fiona HT Mod wrote:
re puffy feet. I use the proper flight socks now. They don't look great but boy do they do a good job.

I do use them Fiona but they still puff up a bit for a few days, It's probably also to do with the heat. As the November trip is only for a week it will probably take that long for my feet to return to normal :cry

Prettypollycat wrote:
Mine are size 2 (European 35) and I get lots of fabulous sandals in Bombay Bazzaar in Panjim

I'm jealous :rofl I do so wish I had smaller feet, you are so lucky :tup

Lindabrad - I sent a pm, (hope you got it), PM's were down for a while that day :wave:
i here a lot about ladies shoe can u get mens sandals and flip flops and r they leather
Tracan, can I request that you do not post in 'phone style' text as per the rules of posting.

Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers, that do not recognise this type of text.

Kath x
Tracan
I've not taken a great deal of notice of men's shoes, but I do know that they sell flip flops and leather sandals in Bombay Bazaar in Panjim.
Seniors in Panjim sometimes have some great styles but can be abit pricey, also Lilliputs next to dehli delbar have wicked kids shoes :tup some of which you never see in uk.
You can have mens shoes made for a fraction of the price they charge in the UK>
If you want some unusual hand made shoes, look here - http://www.janotagoa.com/spg.php?i=3

x lassi
Yes LG I've seen these shoes at Ingo market.... a pair of Gents pointy curly shoes would get me noticed! :rofl
Bought a pair of those shoes from Ingoes but don't find them very comfortable to walk in - the soles seem very stiff. What we call "cab shoes" look good when you are sat down but not good for walking in :D
there is a huge selection, I know cause I brought back 25 pairs last year
:rofl glad its not just me tomitme !!!my husband counted 18 pairs of unused new shoes in my wardrobe last season!!
chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.