Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We normally go around August time and its usually a bit warm... :rofl
Well its around 35°C to 40°C ... it will start to cool down has it gets on a little later in the year... might even rain if you are really lucky ! :sun2 (lets put it this way, I wouldnt be packing jumpers !)

If you are experimental and want to taste something of Cypriot Drink and Food Culture -
You should really have a Cypriot Coffee (should be a tiny cup, served with a glass of water)..
Brandy Sours are another thing that if made well are fantastic (even coming from me a beer fan !)
speaking of beer, try the local stuff at least once... Keo, Leon and Carlsberg (the latter is brewed on the island but its not really local is it... lol)
and finally.. Ouzo... (I like it, but its a rather aquired taste... like Raki, Perno, Sambucca, its aniseed'y)

As for food..don't get me started...but if you like to try new things -
Stifado - a rich redwine and vinegar stew
Kelftico - lamb shanks cooked slowly in the big ovens you see outside (if its been done traditionally) which is so tender and soft you can eat it with a spoon !
spanakopita - small pies filled with spinach and cheese
stuffed vine leaves - a little rice, meat, spices rolled in a vine leaf

I could go on.... lol

Steve
Hi Askcy, snap I'm going in 6 weeks as well what part are you going to , we are going to limassol on 23.08.09. we are flying from Newcastle This will be my 6th time to Cyprus it is a lovely island you will really enjoy it . :sun2 :cheers
Hi Steve,
Thank you for your reply,everything you mentioned sounds great and yes,i think we'll leave the jumpers behind!! :hols

Thanks Again... :smile:
Hi Nasher,
we will be staying in Latchi,i believe the ''quiet' part of the island?? :sun ..We arrive on the 30th of August.

Glad you have enjoyed the island previously,makes it sound even more appealing!!
:cheers

:hols
Nasher we are going to Pernera (20mins walk from Protaras) for the second time this year ! (sounds like we are jetset and interesting but it was an odd day looking for bookings in August that led us to throwing caution to the wind and book a long weekend in April !... really enjoyed it though...)... from Manchester.. just booked the taxi's today... all we need now is some money... LOL

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.