Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi

Was wondering if anyone had been or are going to Sri Lanka this year/next year. What is it like in November? What area would you recommend and which hotels?

We are thinking about going Nov 06.

Thanks in advance
Spottiswoode
We have booked for Sri Lanka Xmas/New Year next year. staying at Browns hotel at the resort of Negombo. Any imformation about hotel or weather would be grateful received also
Have a look here for weather. If you pick a destination you will find "trip planner" there. You can enter the dates you are thinking of going and it will give you the average weather stats for then.
We have some info here and here. Unfortunately we do not have hotel reviews for Sri Lanka yet. Can anybody start the ball rolling??
If someone can add in the following hotels then I'll copy my reviews over from my trip in June:

Mount Lavinia Hotel, Mount Lavinia
The Tea Factory Hotel, Nuwara Eliya
The Earl's Regency, Kandy
The Lodge, Habarana
The Blue Water, Wadduwa
You're a star Corinne! The hotels have been added here
All done now! Have a good Christmas everyone.
Corinne
that must have taken quite a while to write! Well done on 5 reports!
To see Corinnes reports click here
We are going to Sri Lanka next Christmas. Does Anyone have any imformation about the poya(full moon) days and ban on the sale of alcohol. Is it strictly enforced in the all inclusive hotels? And does anyone know of a website with the poya holidays for 2006 Done a search and can only get imformation for 2005.
Thanks, Our holidays dates are Poya free days....Hubby will be pleased Not sure how he would of coped with a teetotal Xmas day :lol:
You wouldn't have to go alcohol free - you simply order your drinks the day before (making sure of course you don't under order) and simply collect them as you want on the poya day.
Can anyone give me any information on the Blue Water hotel in Sri Lanka. Thinking about booking for Xmas and New Year and any advice would be appreciated.
Hi Jackie

We have a review HERE. If anyone can assist by posting a review, please do so by clicking on the link. Thanks.

You can view the hotel's website HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi Jackie

Read my review in the link posted by Pippy and then please feel free to ask any further questions.
The good old british pound for sure respected world wide and better value
I have often looked at Sri Lanka as a destination but, until now, I have always picked another option. The thing that most puts me off is the distance to anything. Are the day trips spent mainly sitting on a bus? Have you tried the tour option? Also, there doesn't appear to be a lot of options around the hotels. I don't like to feel I am stuck in one place. Is this really the case? If you have loved your holiday in Sri Lanka what was it you most enjoyed? I would be interested to hear everyone's views.
I had a lovely holiday in Sri Lanka about 5years ago with Kuoni, spent 3 days at a beach resort then a 7day tour and finished up with 4 days again at a beach resort. To do one day tours from the beach would be too much travelling, though there are lots of different combinations of tours for 2/3/4 days plus beach.
I would thoroughly recommend a visit, there is lots to see, the hotels are brilliant and the people seem very gentle and friendly.
thanks Judith
were there restaurants round about the hotel?
I have been looking at different tours and like what you did- relaxation at the beginning and the end.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.