Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I am still looking I am quite shocked again at the prices some people are charging for 3 weeks for 2 people some places want over £800 .
yes vegasone prices have definitely gone up, my neighbour at villa near me charges almost 1k sterling a week over the xmas period i think!!!! but from £500 to £800 a week at other times and last year she was booked right through till May!!! and they were mostly Brits!!!
Chilly
We have booked a week in Feb at Regal Park its £350 they are lovely apartments
though,and have 2 bedrooms.washing machine, fridge freezer microwave ect.
that seems to be what they are charging for next season,2009 it cost £250 so a big
jump
annx
Try Angela's Guest House, Candolim, virtually opposite Kingfisher Villa - can thoroughly recommend it. The one bed apartments are large and comfortable, they also have studio apartments. I think we paid 850rps per night last year and as far as I know prices havent increased for the coming season.
PM me for the e mail address if you want it.
Carolx
If anyone's stayed at Angela's guest house recently would you please update our reviews here

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Many thanks :tup
Still looking apparantley even though I had booked somewhere :rofl .... any more ideas please PM me or write them on here

Thanks
Hiya, I have just phoned Arthur at Angelas Guest House, he doesnt think he received e mails. No problem with an apartment in February, just needs the dates and he will book it (850rps per night). He can also collect you from airport etc - nice big comfy taxi that he drives very carefully :)

Let me know asap and I will send full contact details and address and I will also phone him to confirm dates
Carol
I emailed him and asked 'hi do you have any apartemts available 16th jan for 3 weeks in Candolim' I then said what I was loooking for and he replied 2 days later his reply was.

yes

:rofl

I need to see pics
Sorry I havent got any photos, this is a new laptop and havent transferred them over. He has got a facebook page Arthur Couthino, and |I think there are photos on there.
I will try and describe as best I can.
The house is an old Portugese type, set back from the main Candolim - Sinquerim road in a pretty garden. It is very close to Kingfisher Villa, Tiger Bar is directly opposite, there is an internet cafe there. Shivers restaurant is just behind the property. Other nearby good restaurants are Bombras, Tuscany Gardens, Curry House.
I think there are a total of 4 apartments and 3 studios.
'Our' apartment consists of roomy lounge with sofa and 2 chairs, coffee table, cable TV, balcony. Bathroom is shower, loo and hand basin - again quite roomy. Big basic kitchen with fridge, if you ask Arthur will arrange for kettle, coffee, water etc to be available for you.
Bedroom has double wardrobes, bedside cabinets, large double bed (typical Goan style) and there is another balcony.
All floors are marble tile. There is no air conditioning but fans work well.
We havent stayed in one of the studios but again they are the same high standard
Bedding and towels are changed every other day and everywhere is cleaned within an inch of its life. It really is immaculate.
Arthur's mum runs Angelas, he lives there with his little daughter.
They are a lovely, lovely family, nothing is too much trouble - you just have to ask. On the other hand they are not intrusive.
It really is quite a special little place, a real home from home, their customers return year after year. We have been staying there now for 4 years, wish I had found it sooner.
We arrive on 26th January for 3 weeks, so if you do book we'll see you there!!!!
Cx
I didn't think to look on there lol!!!
Those photos are of a studio room, the apartments are a lot bigger. Mine is on 1st floor on the left, seeing it has made me feel all warm and holidayfied :sun2 :cheers
roxey wrote:
seeing it has made me feel all warm and holidayfied

Awwwww!! Roxey!! Won't be long now!!! :cheers :sun2
ok where is this place ? Is it magnums end or football end and how long is the walk to the beach... and how much are they
Vegasone its down by shiver's opposite kingfisher villa.The taj end.
Angelas looks good to me sort of place we prefer to stay at will keep the details, staying in the south as usual but hope to come to up candolim for a few days, hope the buses are running :) sorry you are not going this time sleeps it would have been nice to meet up for a coffee or three :rofl :rofl :rofl silentman
Silentman hope you and mary are well,i'm sure we'll meet some other time out there and have a few drinks. :cheers
Vegasone, see my earlier post (1st Oct) price is 850rps per night, few mins walk from beach, and as Sleeps says its Taj/Fort end.
is it a long walk from there to magnums? Aurther emailed me back
Lol I give up now, I have no idea where Magnums is, however have told you in several posts exactly where Angelas Guest House is.
Hope you get sorted Vegasone and have a lovely holiday
Cx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.