Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sun Express
39 Posts
we came back with them in march from antayla, they are more a budget airline, seats close together,food was ok flight was fine
We have just received our tickets to go to Side in a couple of weeks time :D :D :D ,however, we understood we were travelling with Pegasus Airlines and now see from the tickets that we are flying with Sun Express :?
I read somewhere recently that Sun Express still allow smoking on board their planes and wondered if anyone could confirm if this is the case. Also(and I know this is a long shot!) is there any in-flight entertainment?!

Cazz
Does anyone have information on this airline ?? ..... i booked through Thomas Cook but when i received my tickets the carrier is Sun Express and flight code is XQ

thanks

james
Turkish registered I think. Used to have part ownership with Lufthansa - although this was some years ago.
never heard of it, have you tried doing a search throught google etc
Sunexpress are a turkish airline owned by Turkish Airlines and Thomas Cook AG. They have been flying for 15 years now, operating brand new Boeing 737-800's. They are a very good airline, and i have not heard any bad reports on them.

There website in english is http://www.sunexpress.de/dasat/index.php?cid=100126
flight from leeds/bradford two weeks ago to dalaman, its a no thrills airline use a 737/800 ex luftansa aircraft, cramped throughout, but no different to others, except all there meals are veggie, prefer to sell sell sell on board, ie try to sell drinks during meal instead of tea or coffee, you have to keep asking weres your tea, configured as 3-3 ife is screens above, but was on time going, delayed 30mins coming back but everyone was due to european cup final :)
We've just returned from a holiday in Side flying Sun Express from Luton on a 737-800. Flights were on time, as comfortable as they'll ever be in a 737 and a movie was shown ... 'After the Sunset' (outbound) and 'Shark Tale' (inbound). Take your own headphones though as they charged £2.50 per set. The inflight meal was extremely poor on both journeys. I don't think they were vegetarian but it was hard to tell!

A previous post regarding Sun Express said to avoid them as they were still allowing passengers to smoke on board. I can confirm that this is NOT allowed!

At the end of the day they weren't bad flights for a charter and I would not worry if we had to use them again ... would just not pay extra for the meal next time around!

Cazz
just been looking to book for next june with first choice to turkey and it states the airline as being sun express. never heard of them and cannot find any info, can anyone enlighten me as to who or what they are?
Sunexpress are owned by Thomas Cook AG and Turkish Airlines, they operate a fleet of Boeing 737 and a Boeing 757. One of the better turkish airlines.
just a quick question has anyone ever done a flight into dalaman with an airline called sun express? i am going away with thomas cook but i have never heard of this airline

thanks in advance for your replys

hayley

EDIT: Merged with existing Sun Express topic, which hopefully will provide some useful information.
David HT Mod
anyone flown with sun express and what were they like, planes ok? etc
Hi

I've been looking for reviews. Found some info HERE and HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi has anyone flown with this ariline if so what are they like please :roll:
yes i have once on a return flight, budget turkish airline similar to onur flights, they were ok
Going out in August and we are due to fly with Sun Express, have to say i have never heard of them.
Has anyone travelled on them before ??
Are they as good as their websit makes them to be ??
yes ive travelled with them once when thomas cook changed my return flight with them to sun express, i think they're are a turkish airline, they were basic but everything was fine
sun express is a turkish airline i did think they only flew to antalya and izmir thou where are you flying to
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.