Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi supergirl,

The only reason that I would ever go into a McDonalds is that you can usually guarantee a clean loo, wherever you are in the world - I am sure that you will find that the ones in Bulgaria serve exactly the same rubbish as they do in the UK - see HERE.

Биг Мак=Big Mac. :wink:

As far as taking foodstuff into Bulgaria - I personally wouldn't, having seen people pulled up by Australian Customs for having something as simple as a packet of sweets on them. Memories of things like our BSE outbreak still live in the memories of some countries.....

Foodstuff is mentioned in the Bulgarian Customs info HERE....."dangerous to people's health" is open to a high degree of interpretation, I suspect.

Baldur
Thanks again Baldur :)

Looks like we will have to compromise between bulgarian cuisine for us adults and burger "rubbish" for the kids!!

Why do we have to compromise in life its not fair :cry:

Kathy
Hi, GS has a lot of places serving " English food " . Pizza is available all over the place and if all else fails there is a fish'n'chip shop on the main street opposite "Muppets" which is close to the Hotel Sofia and Hotel Atlas. I dont't think you'll find this resort comparable to Tunisa as far as food is concerned.

8) The Toonman
Hello hello...

I would not recommend taking food with you to Bulgaria since I am sure there would be plenty of choice for your little one...
However, since you asked if you were allowed and if you could bring food I will throw my 5 cents in:
Dunno exactly which kinds of food you are allowed to bring in but I do know that my mom-in-law brought from Spain one like this little fellow bellow with no problem whatsoever:

http://www.spana.ru/podarok/images/foto-6.jpg

Also, since Bulgaria is still short on mexican food supplies I always get some with me from my travels whenever I can....
Hi

Would we be able to take a bottle of squash to dilute into Bulgaria? My eldest has got to be the world's most awful person to get liquid into. I'm amazed she didn't end up hospitalised with dehydration on our holiday to Mexico earlier this year. Being all inclusive I hadn't taken squash assuming we'd find something she'd drink- wrong!! fresh juice didn't taste like home and nowhere to buy Robinsons!! Lesson learn't, safest thing is to take the 'taste of home' with us!!

Thanks

Pam
Hi Pam,

There should be no problem with squash - especially if it's in a sealed bottle.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur- fussy children can make for a very stressful holiday, so thats good to know :D

Pam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.