Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lyndsliverpool,

You shouldn't have to use any special number when sending a text, just the usual number. You could try adding +90 and dropping the initial 0 from the number. That's the country code for Turkey.

Darren
hi darren i have tryed the +90 and dropping the first 0 from the number and it still doesnt work? maybe because her phone is turkish? the number starts with 05 as its turkish maybe thats why not it wont work from my phone back at home? :que
Hi,

Are you trying to text from a contact or pay as you go sim? If your on pay as you go you may need to get authorisation from your provider, I know I did...

so if it starts 05 just drop the 0... 00905 and the rest of the number... It should go fine. Otherwise ask your provider tomorrow.
I am on pay as you go and I have never had any problems texting anyone in Turkey. You need to dial 00 90 5 then the rest of the number and it should work.
hi, like the others say you just put 009 first then the 05..................number you are dialling!if you want cheap texts then 18185,an online company you can get cheap calls through and also cheap texts (think theyre stilla round 4p a text compared to 20p with uk sim) and the text you do online but goes through to the other person as though you have sent from your mobile so they can reply easily, hubby does this to keep in touch with his family in turkey as calls normally are very expensive!hope this helps x
hi i txt my friends regular and have no problem
tony
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.