Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hey,

it is still 40p to text, i have the free text allowence on 02 aswel and it has always took 4 off me for that too i dont think it has or will change

cass
x
i was in turkey over easter this year and i used my 02 and i had 4 texts taken off my allowance for every text
there is a discussion on this in the general enquiries about texting from Turkey just to put your mind at rest, it is on the website that it still applies but in very small letters for monthly contracts I also had an email of them confirming it. I also joined ITS for the month which was £2.99 this means that instead of rining home on my mobile it wouls cost me £1.37 per minute ITS is only 80p per minute, hope this helps
I have a pay and go sim with 300 free texts and it charges me for each text I send, however if you send a picture message it is free I haven't been charged for the last 3 years or so, when doing this. Plus you get to show everyone at home what a good time you are having ;) saves on postcards.

Andrea
Who is the pay and go sim card with?

ola
I am with O2 and it charges me 40 pence a text but only 20 pence a piccie text?
have you checked you are on the right contract as our text messages are free
Im on O2 and get the free picture messages from abroad too. Doesnt make a lot of sense when its about 40p for a normal text but who am I to argue. ;)
I am on o2 and all of mine are free
mine is only pay and go not a contract phone, although 20 p is better than 40p for me :)
If you have a pay as you go, just get a Turkish sim card while your there much cheaper.
I also have a pay as you go O2 mobile with the free text allowance each month, but last year in Spain I was charged 40p each text I sent, going to Turkey end of next week, how would I find out whether or not I will be charged or if they will take 4 texts off me? Can't find anything on the O2 site except it says 40p per text from abroad. shame as I have 500 free text allowance this month so i could do alot of texting while in turkey if it's just 4texts :think i don't understand how some of you are charged 40p and others 4 texts?? :que
not sure if this why, i used to be contract then i went over to simplicity tariff, so its sort of inbetween pay as you go and contract, i pay £20 a mth but only have to give them a few days notice if i want to stop and i get about 1000 free texts and 400 free mins anytime any network
im on pay as you go on o2 and i get charged 40p for every text i send while im in Turkey :cry
hi you cant just buy a sim card now you have to take your passport get it registered then away you go i bought 1 and you have too top it up every 6 months or they bar it so i have been told bought it in sept going back sept so wll try it fingers crossed

Wendy
Celine thats the same as me. Try sending a picture message tho as for some reason its free ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.