General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
And your budget for this corner of paradise would be? :-) Seriously, what you're describing sounds very upmarket and no doubt does exist but at a price. People will probably find it easier to make some suggestions if you could give them an idea of both your budget and maximum travel time, if any.

SM

PS I think that you might need to be flexible on not just the maze/aviary point (Why the maze? Are you hoping to lose groom-to-be in it? :-)) but also the view from the windows. In my experience the mountain views are usually to be found in the opposite direction to the sea views. This will need to be a honeymoon suite with windows on opposite walls! Not easy to find in the sort of large luxurty hotels that could be expected to have the rest of the facilities you're looking for.
We are lucky enough to have pretty much an open budget on this ( within reason) and with regard to flying time, I don't really mind how long it takes as long as it is a comfortable journey.

I understand the point about the mountain / sea views. I would like the accommodation to have several windows - some with views of the sea and some with views of the mountains.

I think that mazes and aviaries are romantic.
This did make me laugh. :lol:
If you find this place we would all be interested. Seriously though, if you want near the sea, with a theme park and golf I would look at Florida. No mountains though.
Why did it make you laugh?

I know I have high expectations, my fiance is always telling me so, but as I say to him, at least I know what I want!

Florida is lovely, we have been before, but the mountain view is non negotiable. At all.
Sounds like Sandals or Hedonism all inclusive hotel resorts should suit you - does your groom-to-be share your wishes? Better make sure BEFORE you fly off into the sunset!! All the very best for a happy wedding day and the rest of your life together.
Well you don't want much do you. :wink:

Have you discussed this with a tour operator, I'm sure they will have more of a clue if this place your after really exists :roll:
Let us know if you find it and I'll book for next year. :wink:
The Dominican republic, Playa Dorada, ticks most of those boxes and I'm sure there will be a child free hotel( you marrying the child catcher :lol: ) alas, there is no theme park but quite a lot of day trips.
I had already looked at Sandals but it did not tick all the boxes.

Isn't Hedonism the one where they all parade around with no clothes on. I think I saw it on a TV programme a couple of years back.

I wouldn't be too happy about my new husband ogling all the nude ladies.

Having said that - Do they have mountain views - LOL.
When I first read your post St. Lucia came to mind.

Somewhere in between 29C - 34C (in June)
Tick

Somewhere near to some good fashion shops, cafes, bars, jewellers etc... but not too near supermarkets etc...
Tick

Somewhere that is lively and fun, but not too noisy.
Possible Tick

The hotel needs to be white or off-white, preferably with marble pilars, but definitely not a high rise.
Tick - most hotels are low rise

There must be a spa, indoor pool, hairdressers, nightclub and varied nightly entertainment provided by the hotel.
Not too sure about indoor pool but some hotels offer all the others

The main pool should be of a novelty shape (eg, palm tree), with a waterfall feature at one end and jacuzzi at the other end.
Most Sandals Resorts have these features

There should be a sea breeze, but it mustn't be too windy.
Tick

It needs to be somewhere that doesn't get very cloudy - I'd like to enjoy some romantic starlit evenings.
Tick depending on the time of year

The hotel should have a unique feature that other hotels do not have.
Unsure

A view (from the honeymoon suite) of both the mountains and the ocean
Any resort in St. Lucia near to the Pitons should fit the bill

There must be a no children policy, but it should be near to a theme park, because I'm still a big kid at heart!
Sandals for no kids - no theme park though

The hotel should have extensive, green gardens, with summer houses & picnic areas and a large fountain. I would also like it if the hotel had an aviary/maze (I am flexible on this point, although it's always been my dream)
Not too sure

The hotel should include/be near an 18 hole golf course.
Not too sure

The hotel should offer several different restaurants.
Sandals offers this

Have a look at this:

CLICK HERE

Mark :D
Hi Mark,

It does look good - I must have missed this one when I looked at sandals...I'll show it to my fiance and put it on the shortlist.

Anyone have any other recommendations?
I reckon you might get near that in some of the up market Hawaii hotels - Four Seasons maybe.
The demand for clear skies and romantic starlit evenings in June rather puts the kibosh on anywhere in the Caribbean. There's a strong possibility that the days are likely to be sunny but by late afternoon, especially in late June, there's a good chance that the skies will start to cloud over and the evening skies can be quite overcast as a prelude to rain at that time of year though it can vary between islands. In fact I'd be hesitant to recommend anywhere in the Caribbean in June to you full-stop unless your idea of the perfect honeymoon extends to being able to take the risk of a hurricane in your stride :-)

Unfortunately, hot sunshine, warm seas and tropical breezes can all add up to tropical storms unless you pick your season right. Also if you're looking for June of this year you should bear in mind that 2007 is predicted as being an El Nino year meaning that the weather this summer in the Caribbean and southern Atlantic waters is likely to be even more unpredicable than usual.

SM

PS An open but within reason budget could mean many things - a price range would still be helpful. In June I'd probably recommend somewhere in the Pacific or the Far East, possibly even southern hemisphere to be sure of more stable weather but then you're not talking about what I would consider 'reasonable' in that case. Is eg £3,000 'reasonable' for the perfection of paradise? Or less? Or more?
if you want mountains it is more than likely you would get clouds- they often come together.
I would look at somewhere like Bali- have a look at Ubud.
A word of warning though- with some many expectations you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Have a look at the ones that are most important. Surely you can settle for less of these expectations- after all you will be with your new husband who should make up for some of the shortfalls!
This hotel is worth looking at.
I honestly think that you're not going to be able to tick all the boxes. You see, to me the whole package seems to link a variety of different countries which you want all roled into one.

However, how about Brazil? You could combine a stay in Rio with a luxury beach holiday in a quieter location. You have the mountains and the sea.
Brazil would be good- but not in June as that is heading up to their winter.
after all you will be with your new husband who should make up for some of the shortfalls!

Of course! I knew there was something that was missing from the description of the perfect honeymoon but couldn't quite put my finger on it :-)

SM
With regards to the green grounds and aviary/maze etc. perhaps you could begin or end your honeymoon with a short stay at a luxury British hotel to try and incorporate this? And then visit Alton Towers before catching your plane. :D
How about something like this in New Zealand:

http://www.greenhill.co.nz/

Which can be combined with a stay in Fiji or other South Pacific island?
Look at http://www.couples.com ticks most of your boxes no theme park though and no aviary/maze, but hummingbirds ,abundant birdlife ,lizards in varying sizes and crickets and beautiful gardens Swept away had 4 fish ponds too, and in my review I forgot to say golf is included you just have to pay the caddy on our stay in 14 days there were 2 beach parties 2 movies on the beach with quilts to snuggle on and 2 bonfires ! with star gazing we had a lovely beach dinner which was unforgettable !!!honeymooners get free massages too !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.