Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
while in goa, i met one speculator who has bought land the other side of the border because of the potential airport in maharastra - on the basis this area could be a viable alternative to goa in years to come. i've seen the pictures and yes, it is a glorious coastline.

misterc.
Agreed Neil there are some lovely looking places en route from Mumbai to Goa, here is one that I fancy a closer look at http://www.travelmasti.com/domestic/maharashtra/ganpatipule.htm Would be ideal if the airport was built in Maharashtra so you could explore a little of that area or drive a few hours down to North Goa. I have taken the sleeper bus from Mumbai to Goa a few times and the scenery is stunning 8)
whats the hassle in sending an application in the post to Edinburgh (or other consulate) and waiting?

A lot when neither of them will except your application for a visa :roll:

This leaves going in person to London or using a visa service, but expensive which ever one you decide on :!:
I agree, at least prices of packages and flights seem to have decreased. It seems like that to me anyway. 7 years ago I was paying a lot more to travel to Goa, overpriced UK airport hotels and internal flights so it's probably still working out the same.

Seems like no one in UK is getting a good deal travelling to India now re' visas. In Edinburgh at least you can get a visa that day but the downside for me is I still have to travel to Manchester or London to get a reasonably priced flight.

I suppose those living South have had a great deal for a while : ) Lucky bleeders! I used to envy people who I overheard getting 2 weeks for 299 or less at last minute who stayed near London.
Please keep on topic, ie the new airport.

Thanks.

luci :wave
Sorry, mind blanked thought I was on visa topic. OOps
So how far away from goa is the proposed new airport.
Too far to be of any benefit for Goa goers?
Sorry, mind blanked thought I was on visa topic. OOps

I was only replying to neil :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.