Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

Does anyone know which plane the LGW to cancun on 24/7/2013 is? Flight no TCX 412. We've booked seats on row 34 outbound and 31 inbound, 3 together right side. Will these rows have a window? Is there seat back IFE or over aisle? Are loos downstairs on this plane?

Sorry, so many questions! All info appreciated.
lilac labrador,

LGW-CUN-LGW (TCX412/3) are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below). The rows you mention have a window and the aircraft has seat back IFE throughout (current listing linked from our What Aircraft? guide). The only A332's in the TCX fleet have the downstairs toilet area. There's also one on the main deck at the front and rear.

Darren
Wow thanks Darren, that was super quick! Good news about the IFE. I'm still a bit confused about the loos - do you mean our plane will have downstairs loos? Sorry to be a bit thick!

Also, was thinking about premium seats but can't find an option on Thomas cook book your seat page. I know premium is returning, but maybe not yet?
lilac labrador,

Yes, it will have downstairs toilets. All the details are on our What Aircraft? guide where I've also provided photos. There's also a toilet at the front and rear for those that may not be able to use the stairs. Premium isn't currently available, you'll have to wait on that one.

I take it you're looking at both Mexico and Cape Verde at the moment with both your flight questions? I would consider the destination before the flights. The bit between the flights is more important than how you get there!

Darren
Hi Darren

Yes we're going to both - cape verde for a quiet week with friends and Mexico with family. I'm an avid researcher so am confident with my destination choices. It's just the bits I can't control I need info on!!!!
Thanks again for your help.
tfzleeds wrote:
Hello... I'm flying from Manchester to Bodrum-Milas on 27 May 13. TCX2896. Aircraft outbound is 76W_326 (didn't take much notice of the return.) I believe its a 767 with 2-4-2 config. seat pitch 29", IFE is via over isle screens? Am I correct with this? Just want to manage my kid's (and wife's) expectations as they have had seat back IFE and a bit more seat pitch more recently as a result of travelling transatlantic.

Also at what point are you able to advise what flight the allocated aircraft is on beforehand its a 15:55 departure from MAN so presumably is airborne before this on the same day. Its useful to know so you can check arrivals before departing for the airport. Again its about managing expectations. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks to Sunaddict for the prompt reply to my post some time ago (page 135). I haven't been on for a while! With regards to the second point re knowing where the aircraft is coming from before the TCX2896 flight to Bodrum can anyone give any info. Ta in anticipation.
tfzleeds,

As we're currently in the winter schedule, I won't know until we transit in to the summer schedule if you want to remind me in May. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi Dazbo

Bit of a strange one.
I'm booked to fly Manchester to Cancun, TCX 324 on the 25th Jan 14.
I've been on the select your seat site and i'm confused by the seatmap. It doesn't match anything i've seen before? It's the same for our return journey on the TCX 325 8th Feb?
Any insight? It says it's an A332 but it looks different to the seatmaps we've previously seen?
It looks like the normal seatplan but is 3-3-3 in the front section instead of 2-3-2

Thanks
Anthony
Imbrugliasboy,

When was it you last flew with TCX? They now only have the the ex My Travel aircraft in their fleet with the downstairs toilets. Having said that, by the time you fly, they'll have one of the former Bmi A332's in their fleet that has main deck toilets so they'll be back to having two slightly different configurations. That's probably why you don't recognise the seat plan and it's in all economy.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Imbrugliasboy,

When was it you last flew with TCX? They now only have the the ex My Travel aircraft in their fleet with the downstairs toilets. Having said they, by the time you fly, they'll have one of the former Bmi A332's in their fleet that has main deck toilets so they'll be back to having two slightly different configurations. That's probably why you don't recognise the seat plan and it's in all economy.

Darren

Hi Dazbo

I flew the same route on the 26th Jan this year. I've edited my original post.
To me it looks like the normal plan but with economy throughout and no premium seating?

Anthony
Imbrugliasboy,

More than likely, yes as there is no premium economy seating at the moment, only extra legoom. TCX couldn't change the confoguration on the ex-MYT aircraft as the floor in the forward section couldn't take the extra weight or more seats. It's diffrent on the ex-Bmi aircraft as that's where the huge business class seating was so can take an all economy configuration.

Darren
Hi Dazbo

Yep definitely no premium as i've been able to select seats 2a and 2b as standard seats. I hope it's still 33" seat pitch and seatback IFE?

Thanks Anthony
Imbrugliasboy wrote:
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Imbrugliasboy,

When was it you last flew with TCX? They now only have the the ex My Travel aircraft in their fleet with the downstairs toilets. Having said they, by the time you fly, they'll have one of the former Bmi A332's in their fleet that has main deck toilets so they'll be back to having two slightly different configurations. That's probably why you don't recognise the seat plan and it's probably in all economy.

Darren

Hi Dazbo

To me it looks like the normal plan but with economy throughout and no premium seating?

Anthony

It is the ex bmi A330, it is based at Manchester operating Cuba, Mexico, St Lucia, Barbados and Antigua. No seat back IFE and 31"-33" seat pitch
BEfreeTODAY wrote:
Imbrugliasboy wrote:
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Imbrugliasboy,

When was it you last flew with TCX? They now only have the the ex My Travel aircraft in their fleet with the downstairs toilets. Having said they, by the time you fly, they'll have one of the former Bmi A332's in their fleet that has main deck toilets so they'll be back to having two slightly different configurations. That's probably why you don't recognise the seat plan and it's probably in all economy.

Darren

Hi Dazbo

Anthony

It is the ex bmi A330, it is based at Manchester operating Cuba, Mexico, St Lucia, Barbados and Antigua. No seat back IFE and 30" seat pitch

How very disapointing. :cry
They really should let people know this before they book. The brochures say 33" and IFE throughout.
Oh well, at least we get 2 weeks in the sun to get over it!

Anthony

They really should let people know this before they book. The brochures say 33" and IFE throughout.

Anthony

Did you book via travel agent or online? The only reason I ask is that the travel agent should have told you because its on the important information and like wise on the website it is in the important information section of the booking page.

"Flight: In flight entertainment will be on overhead screens, there are no seat back TVs on this aircraft. Premium cabin is not available on this flight."

It's not 30" by the way its 31-33" a typo on my behalf.
BEfreeTODAY wrote:

Anthony

Did you book via travel agent or online? The only reason I ask is that the travel agent should have told you because its on the important information and like wise on the website it is in the important information section of the booking page.

"Flight: In flight entertainment will be on overhead screens, there are no seat back TVs on this aircraft. Premium cabin is not available on this flight."

It's not 30" by the way its 31-33" a typo on my behalf.

Travel agent. Just checked the small print of our confirmation and it states no seatback IFE haha!
I'm not overly fussed about the seatback IFE as we travel with tablets but i'm happy the seat pitch will be more or less as expected.
Thanks for the info.

Anthony
Anybody know if TCX plan to put seat back IFE into the ex BMI A330's?

Thanks

Z.J.C
That's a shame was looking at booking on one of there long hauls next year but I won't be now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.