Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Not strange at all. There are similar requirements in place for non-EU citizens coming into Britain as well as UK and EU citizens entering Britain from a country outside of the EU. More and more countries are doing this for two reasons:

1) Trying to crack down on child trafficking and illegal adoptions.

2) Trying to prevent non-custodial parents from removing a child from the country without the consent of the parent with custody. Once a child has been taken to another jurisdiction it is almost impossible for the courts to enforce an order and get the child returned to the country of residence of the parent with residency or custodial rights.

Airlines know that if they fly someone into a country without that necessary documentation and who is then refused entry as a result, then it's the airlines responsibility to get them back to the place they departed from and at the airlines expense. From their perspective they don't want to fly anybody anywhere where they might be refused entry.

SM
SMa wrote:
Not strange at all. There are similar requirements in place for non-EU citizens coming into Britain as well as UK and EU citizens entering Britain from a country outside of the EU. More and more countries are doing this for two reasons:

2) Trying to prevent non-custodial parents from removing a child from the country without the consent of the parent with custody. Once a child has been taken to another jurisdiction it is almost impossible for the courts to enforce an order and get the child returned to the country of residence of the parent with residency or custodial rights.

Airlines know that if they fly someone into a country without that necessary documentation and who is then refused entry as a result, then it's the airlines responsibility to get them back to the place they departed from and at the airlines expense. From their perspective they don't want to fly anybody anywhere where they might be refused entry.

SM

Wires crossed me thinks.
I was saying it was strange that they aren't declaring the lack of seatback IFE in the important information section. I just copied and pasted what was in the important information section to demonstrate.
Sorry for the confusion

Anthony
Imbrugliasboy wrote:
SMa wrote:

SM

Wires crossed me thinks.
I was saying it was strange that they aren't declaring the lack of seatback IFE in the important information section. I just copied and pasted what was in the important information section to demonstrate.
Sorry for the confusion

Anthony

It looks like a fault on the website, as you usually click on the important information, and it opens in a new window and brings any errata up.
bripat wrote:
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
bripat,

BHX-NBE-BHX (TCX5208/9) are operated by Boeing 757-200. It's the first flight outbound for that aircraft that day. The aircraft comes in the evening before then night-stops.

Darren

Hi Darren just been on Thomas cook site to book extra legroom and on the plan it shows 38 seats ? I booked 26a /26b is it still a 757-200 im a bit lost to what aircraft it is thanks bripat

still not sure what plane I am on should have said 38 rows .....would have had lots of legroom with (38 seats !!)
Hi Darren, can i just ask why the below flight is operated by condor on behalf of thomas cook, also what is the leg room on these flights , is there IFE
.Any other differences from the Thomas Cook aircraft?

Condor Flugdienst
Condor Flugdienst DE 0026
Mon 09-Sep Depart: 10:50
Manchester - Ringway International Airport(MAN)
Terminal: 1Economy
Mon 09-Sep Arrive: 15:00
bripat,

Airbus A321-200 have 38 rows, the Boeing 757-200 40 rows. It makes little difference to be honest, they have the same seat pitch and configuration other than the position of a couple of seats.

What are your exact dates of travel? I'll check what is currently assigned on the system. The last time I checked, it was listed at a 757-200 but that might not have been for your exact dates.

Darren
Grahamy,

Condor is the German sister airline of Thomas Cook and part of Thomas Cook group. Aircraft are sometimes swapped between the two airlines to cover when aircraft are in maintenance or when extra capacity is required for example. Where is the flight to so I can check on what is listed? Assuming it's a short haul flight, there's not really any difference from a passengers perspective.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
bripat,

Airbus A321-200 have 38 rows, the Boeing 757-200 40 rows. It makes little difference to be honest, they have the same seat pitch and configuration other than the position of a couple of seats.

What are your exact dates of travel? I'll check what is currently assigned on the system. The last time I checked, it was listed at a 757-200 but that might not have been for your exact dates.

Darren

16th june east midlands dep 0600 tcx5208/9 thanks bripat
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Grahamy,

Condor is the German sister airline of Thomas Cook and part of Thomas Cook group. Aircraft are sometimes swapped between the two airlines to cover when aircraft are in maintenance or when extra capacity is required for example. Where is the flight to so I can check on what is listed? Assuming it's a short haul flight, there's not really any difference from a passengers perspective.

Darren

Sorry Darren full flight details below.

Condor Flugdienst
Sanford - Orlando Central Florida Regional Airport(SFB)
Meal: Meal
Total flight duration:9hr 10min. - 04233 miles.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Grahamy,

Darren

Sorry Darren full flight details below.

Condor Flugdienst
Sanford - Orlando Central Florida Regional Airport(SFB)
Meal: Meal
Total flight duration:9hr 10min. - 04233 miles.
The 10.50 from Manchester is shown on Thomas Cook website as being operated by a Thomas Cook A330 (TCX126). It's the same on the Condor website MT126.
Grahamy,

The only flight I can see on the system for MAN-SFB-MAN on that date is the TCX126 that's operated by TCX themselves with an A332. There's nothing listed as operated by Condor.

Condor use Boeing 767-300/ER with a higher density configuration than we're treated to in economy. They are more akin to the short haul 767's that TCX operate but with a comfort class section (49" eat pitch) and premium economy (37") section. Economy seats are 30" seat pitch. There's no seat back IFE, it's provided via mainscreen in economy or portable players in the upgrade classes.

Darren
Cheers, makes you wonder where some agents do get there information from.
Am I right in thinking that you can't book in on line with TC unless you have paid to choose your seat? I'm flying on Saturday and though I'm not particuarly fussy where I sit (certainly not fussy enough to pay extra) it does make things easier if you can book in on line and print off your boarding card.
Aslemma,

Thomas Cook state you must have already purchased 'Choose Your Seat' and have provided API in order to use online check-in. More details here.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I thought I'd read it correctly but it seemed so odd when most airlines prefer you to check in on line. Simply another way to make money I guess but at least I got the flight for a decent price.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
tfzleeds,

As we're currently in the winter schedule, I won't know until we transit in to the summer schedule if you want to remind me in May. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Will get back to you next month Darren, Thanks.
Anyone any idea what's operating TCX2002/3 MAN-IBZ 14/08 28/08?

Thanks
TCX_Flyer wrote:
Anyone any idea what's operating TCX2002/3 MAN-IBZ 14/08 28/08?

Thanks

A320-200

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.