Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Pmccall,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-VRA-MAN (TCX352/3) are operated by Airbus A330-200 (Thomas Cook aircraft). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seat plans, aircraft and cabin photos. These aircraft have seat back IFE. It's only the bmi aircraft they get later in the year that doesn't have seat back IFE installed. That doesn't join the fleet until the winter season so after your flights.

Darren
Hi Darren

I'm travelling to Antayla on 22/07/2013.
I have my e tickets which say that my flight TCX1516 departs Gatwick at 13:15. I have just filled in the API online and that says that the flight departs at 12:00.
Would you be able to verify this as TC haven't let us know of any change (we've had 3 changes to the return flight).
Can you also tell us what plane we'll be on?

Many thanks Jo
mickyjo,

LGW-AYT-LGW (TCX1516/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200. The departure time on my screen is showing 1200 at the moment, arriving at 1810. It might be worth giving TCX a call the week before to verify your flight times.

Darren
Hi Darren

Thomas Cook replied to a post on Facebook about the A330's which said:

Hello, all of our new destinations will operate out of Manchester on our A330 aircrafts which so have seat back TV's.

Don't know if that means they are adding IFE to the new A330 or are just not saying at the moment.
Its likely customer service know nothing about the planned new aircraft
JSI ollie,

whoever replied obviously hasn't seen the booking notes for those flights which states the aircraft won't have seat back IFE, only mainscreen.

Darren
Dazbo

Regarding the BMI A330 which has been stated to have no seatback IFE. The important info when booking was stating no seatback IFE or premium cabin is available on this aircraft.
It's now just stating no premium cabin.
Either TC are installing some seatback IFE or they have removed the advice from the important information section.

Anthony
Imbrugliasboy,

I've not had anything confirned they will be installing seat back IFE. I've heard they may be having it installed based on customer feedback, but nothing confirmed as yet. The last information I was given was it won't have. If I hear anything different, I'll update the What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Imbrugliasboy wrote:
Dazbo

Regarding the BMI A330 which has been stated to have no seatback IFE. The important info when booking was stating no seatback IFE or premium cabin is available on this aircraft.
It's now just stating no premium cabin.
Either TC are installing some seatback IFE or they have removed the advice from the important information section.

Anthony

It looks like they've still got a fault on their website. The important information looks like it's not all showing. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago so I mentioned it to Thomas Cook. They said they'd get the web team to look at it, but it still seems to be incomplete.
Thomas Cook are going to be operating their Florida flights to Orlando Intl for Summer 2014.
This means a much shorter transfer to Hotels and Villas.
Hello

We are flying out on Flight TCX1852 from LGW to ATY on Saturday 22 June 2013, could anybody tell me where the aircraft comes in from before this flight. Can anyone also confirm if the scheduled departure time is 1750.

Thank you
DJT87,

The departure time of TCX1852 is showing as 1750, but refer to your booking confirmation / tickets for times. As we're still in the winter season, I don't have the summer schedule to hand. If you remind me at the beginning of June, I'll check where the aircraft comes in from for you.

Darren
Thank you. I will ask in again in June.

The tickets say 1735 but 'Manage My Booking' on the Internet says 1750 so I wondered which time was correct and now I know!

Thank you one again. :tup
Can anyone please tell me what aircraft I'm flying on as just booked this morning and haven't got flight numbers yet

Tcx Lgw/Corfu 17th may 05.10

Merged with exisitng topic. Dazbo HT Mod
alboy29,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-CFU-LGW (presuming TCX1242/3?) are operated by Airbus A320-200 / Boeing 757-200 respectively. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
I returned from Enfidha on Saturday - flight TCX 7117. Flight was listed as 22.10 from NBE. On phoning transfer company to confirm pick-up time I was told flight was now 22.50. As I didn't know whether to believe them a friend, fluent in French, rang TC and was told the flight was 21.10. Rang transfer company again and re-confirmed pick-up time. Transfer did not arrive as planned so another friend, fluent in French and Arabic rang Enfidha airport and confirmed flight was actually at 22.10 (as originally stated). All OK in the end, and flight actually got into Stansted at 24.30 rather than 01.20 as listed but I have certainly got a few more grey hairs and was lucky to have local friends. :que
Hi, I've just done my API on Thomas Cook and saw the priority baggage reclaim option, has anyone used this and did you really get your baggage first? Thanks
carl m,

Theoretically, your baggage comes of the aircraft first but I've seen many times that this doesn't always happen. It's not something I'd normally bother with as it's not really a time saver once you get to your destination if you then have to wait for others on a transfer coach. If you have private transfers or it's when you return home, it's worth looking at but bear in mind, priority luggage doesn't always come off first in my experience.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.