Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
carl m,

You need your luggage on the aircraft in the first place for it to come off first though! Standing by baggage reclaim and being the only one left with no sign of a bag is not a nice feeling. Been there, done that. That was with TCX too! If you have a private transfer, you might think it's worth a £5 to save yourself 5 or 10 minutes.

Darren
Thomas Cook will be offering connecting domestic UK flights on Flybe to connect initially to its Orlando, Las Vegas, Barbados and Antigua flights from Manchester and Gatwick.

This will allow local departures from 12 UK airports including Inverness Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Belfast, Isle of Man, Newquay, Exeter, Southampton, Guernsey, Jersey and Southampton.

Some of these are already available to book via Condors website.

Smart move I think.
Hello,

We are due to fly on TCX2124 (MAN-PMI) on 27/07/2013. On our booking confirmation it states that the outbound flight is at 0625 but on the Thomas Cook website the only flight showing up from MAN-PMI is at 0640 with the same flight number. Has our flight time changed or are there two flights? Also do you know the aircraft type? I'm guessing an A330 or B763 due to the longer than usual turnaround time in PMI?

Thanks

easyJet A320
easyjet a320,

welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PMI-MAN (TCX2124/5) are operated by B763. It would appear the flight time has changed slightly since you booked. No two flights operate with the same flight number at the same time. The departure time is showing as 0640.

Darren

Darren
we are flying to izmir from manchester thomas cook and seems to be 767 is this correct for this length flight
thanks in anticipation woodwa :) :) rd

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Woodward,

Please quote flight numbers and dates when requesting aircraft information. This ensures we get the correct infmoration for you as there are often several flights. Boeing 767-300/ER's are regularly used to Izmir, but I'll need your flight details to check what is scheduled for your specific flight.

Darren
Hi,
Just wondering when and how I can check my flight times for any delays or info.
Is it possible to find out if our flight is first for that day.

fn: TCX2518 from Manchester t1 to hurghada. 21/5/2013

Don't suppose anyone knows where the bank kiosks are, as it's now a new terminal, and would rather avoid the "other" kiosks. But I cannot find any info at all about the new terminal.

Many thanks,
Neil.
yodadude,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-HRG-MAN (TCX2518/9) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. This is the first flight out for that aircraft at 0930. It normally arrives in Manchester late on Monday evening or early Tuesday morning. What do you mean by bank kiosk? Bureau de Change ? Thomas Cook have one just after security as you go down in to the departure lounge, on your left at the bottom of the stairs. Or do you mean once you arrive in HRG?

Darren
I didn't think the new terminal had opened yet, so as far as I know the bank kiosks are still on the left as you enter arrivals.
Hi, thank you for welcome.
Sorry, I mean the kiosks to get the visas. I've been advised to avoid the rep kiosks and get them from the bank, as they are £4ish cheap per person. but the terminal has been changed so don't know where they are now.
Many thanks.
Sunaddict, yes it seems I have just found that out lol.
Oh, well. Hustle 'n' bustle it is then.
Hi, hope someone (Darren?) can help. Flying on a TCX Boeing 752 in July and have just booked my seats...we normally like to sit towards the front of the plane but am a bit disappointed to find that rows up to around 13 are booked already. At the moment I have gone for row 26, definitely want a row with a window but don't just want a view of the wing. Have also read that we should avoid rows approx 13 to 16 due to lack of window. Do you think we should be ok with 26 or are there any drawbacks? Can change it again if necessary. Thanks.
nicJW,

If you want a row aft of the wings with a window, I would look at little further back than that. Row 26 is on the trailing edge of the wing. If you want a window view with no wing in view, I'd look at the rear cabin from row 31 aft. Avoid the last row as there's no window. The others have.

Darren
Thanks so much for the quick reply, great info as always.
Hi again Darren. As we will have a view of the wings in row 26 do you think row 18 would be any better. I know this is still over wing but really don't want to sit any further back on plane (not keen on flying and have always preferred sitting towards front). Seatguru states rows 15 and 17 have no window at all, will 18 definitely have a window. Just wondering why there are no windows in some rows...can't be very pleasant?
nicJW,

Row 18 is probably worse than row 26 for views. Row 18 is pretty much middle of the wing so you'll see very little. row 26 is to the rear of the wing so you'll have some view of the ground, but obscured slightly by the wing. Of the two, 26 is better than 18 views wise. Some rows don't have a window as it's where air conditioning ducting and wires are routed. As the area below rows 15 and 17 are where much of the machinery is located, that's why those rows don't have a window.

Darren
Hi Daz

We're going to Cuba with Thomas Cook flying on an A330-200, I've booked seats 43H & 43J (the very back seats) is there a window at these seats?

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.