Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi,

Yeh if it ends in MYT its ex My Travel, JM its JMC, FCL its flying colours or anything else is just a mix match from everywhere else
I am flying to Santa Clara on 16th July TCX81K from Manchester. I have noticed that TC have a flight at around the sametime. The last time I went to Cuba with TC it was a shared flight with Varadero and Cayo Coco. Is the same this time with Santa Clara and Varadero?
It isnt shared on the day but only departs fortnightly as it then will go to another destination in the alternate week, so your flight will be direct.
Just returned from Fuerteventura on Thomas Cook flight from Manchester. Had a crew from Glasgow both ways who were great. No entertainment on way out (as expected) but offer of PSP for £7.50 on return but with 5 travelling makes it a bit pricey and as we travelled at 10 pm we slept coming back.
Thanks to Darren - no problems collecting my tickets from terminal 2 and then finding my way to terminal 1!
Caroline
I am going to lido de jeselo on 2 July from manchester 09:05

Can anyone tell me do thomas cook have a 24 hr checkin desk
joeseptuk,

Thomas Cook don't offer day before check-in at Manchester as far as I know.

Darren
Flying out to Palma from Birmingham on 21st August 2010. Does anybody know what type of plane this will be please? We've paid to pre-book seats this year as on last years return journey we were in some sort of bulkhead seat with NO window and the least amount of leg room ever!!!! And to top it off we had a very nervous passenger in the next aisle!! Great fun when travelling with a 6 year old!!

Also, how soon before we fly can we choose our seats??

Any help would be great!!
hippyjak,

Please provide flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often multiple flights. It ensures we get the right one. Are you on the AEU426/7 departing at 1920? This flight is operated on behalf of Thomas Cook by Astraeus or TCX212K/L departing at at 0640 operated by a Boeing 757-200? You'll find further aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Oops - soz Dazbo :whoops No - it's the 6.40 one. Will check out the link as suggested. Thanks again.
does anyone know,why there is no premium cabin, on tc longhauls summer 2011? and also, why dont the flight codes tcx148 and tcx149 exist? when those are the flight codes ive been given!
many thanks.richard.
With Summer 2011 being 11 months away its likely that flight numbers will change, they wont be finalised until the end of this year beginning of next, also the premium is being removed due to a couple of reasons.
Canadian Affair who use Thomas Cook aircraft didnt want them in the aircraft and they were actually making a loss or only a small profit.
Do Canadian Affair utilise all TC Longhaul aircraft?
Sunaddict wrote:
Do Canadian Affair utilise all TC Longhaul aircraft?

No, only ones assigned to them with the configuration they requested.

Darren
That's what I thought. Not wishing to promote an argument but how can TC use this as an excuse to remove Premium from all their aircraft?
Initially it was also because of the APD Tax increase on Premium cabins, with the new government changing APD maybe it will be re-evaluated but the basic thing was APD would have been around £150, and Premium was selling for £180, so no profit here when taking into account you could have at least an extra 25 seats, free drinks etc.
Again that is what I was told. I totally agree re the lack of profit involved. It was just your response of Canadian Affair didn't want them in the aircraft that prompted my questions.
Does anyone know if Thomas Cook have an 'all day check in' desk at Glasgow Airport, or do you need to wait for a specific desk to open 3 hours before your flight?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.