Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Darren, we did this last year and it was great to be able to check in the cases as soon as we arrived at the airport, but I couldn't find details this year so thought they might have discontinued it - good to know it is still happening.

theyoungcrew :D
have booked with t/cook for goa march11 2011with premium seats from gatwick which aircraft will it be and what layout
many thanks
Sorry if this has been covered before

I've booked the yourseatyourchoice for £12 each as the other half is a nervous flyer and due to major roadworks in our area we can't guarantee getting to the airport early enough to secure seats!

So I went onto the website to try to book and it tried to charge me another £24, from other posts it seems people have been able to book but when I rang Thomas Cook Airlines they said it was definitley only 7 days before departure

Can anyone clear this up?
JKKne

I have already booked and chosen seats for a flight with thomas cook manchester to las vegas going on 13 october and back on 20 october. when booking the seat on line i was overcharged by thomas cook airlines because i had already paid through Direct holidays for your seat your choice but one telephone call to the airline sorted out a repayment.
Mal,

I rang TC Airlines and was told I'd only paid for the 7 days before departure so would have to stump up again
Can anyone let me know what they are like? flying with them in 2 weeks.

Thanks

Adam
NOELY,

Your flights are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
adamb2010,

You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The B187 is a Boeing 757-200 (ETOPS) with only 187 seats so you have a nice roomy 34" seat pitch. Everything else is the same as the short haul aircraft.

Darren
Our flight back from Dalaman to London Gatwick should have taken off at 1.55am on Monday morning but was delayed until 3.50am no. TCX797L. We were told this was because of a technical fault and a part had to be ordered from Heathrow. However, I've heard a few times that no planes are allowed to take off or land from any London airports between the hours of 10pm & 6am because of residents living near by. Can someone clarify if this is true or not, and if that's the case why do they have flights scheduled to land in the early hours and are they just using technical faults as an excuse?
However, I've heard a few times that no planes are allowed to take off or land from any London airports between the hours of 10pm & 6am because of residents living near by.

I'm sure that local residents would love that to be true but it certainly isn't of either Gatwick or Heathrow! I regularly use an Edinburgh to Gatwick Easyjet service that is scheduled to land at 22.50hrs. And the reason why I've used that flight so often is because I've often been on flights that have left before 6am the following morning.

SM
Mdollar

Aircraft are permitted to fly in to and out of London airports under certain conditions at any time. However there are restrictions at night for noise abatement reasons for example at Heathrow there are no flights between midnight until 6am unless they have special dispensation and are limited in number through the year. What you have been told is correct, airlines don't make up stories to keep passengers happy.

Darren
Hi, our flight is TCX 947K from Newcastle to Reus(Salou) on the 11th July. Was wondering what time is correct for departing, our Thomas Cook info say 6.40am but have seen on another wedsite it says 7.50am.
Can you find out officially anywhere?
Robo20,

Always assume the most recent times quotes on correspondance received, eg booking confirmation or tickets or anything from Thomas Cook is correct rather than relying on other sources. Thomas Cook will inform you of any changes. Thomas Cook are showing the flight leaves at 07:50.

Darren
Do any of the gurus know what plane will be operrating the flight to punta cana on wedesday morning from gatwick? TCX13k leaving at 11.55? and where will it be coming in from beforehand?
scubadiver99,

LGW-PUJ-LGW (TCX013K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. The inbound aircraft will be one of TCX071L (Holguin) or TCX128L (Cayo Coco). We won't know the registration until the day before the flight.

Darren
Good morning Darren, there were some flights a couple of weeks ago to the Carribean that had the aircraft substituted for higher density seating aircraft due to a backlog of maintainence issues that were interrupted because of the volcano ash. Are these now finished or is it still ongoing?

I am booked into the Premium cabin to fly to the Dominican republic in a few weeks time and am hoping the service is still available.

Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.