Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Guys,

Just another question, does anyone know what headphones TC use, are they split/do you have to pay for them on a/c or can you get them highstreet? Flew TC last year to Kefalonia and we could use our own but not sure about long haul as last went with First Choice 08 to Florida. We are going on TCX092K/L 23/07/10 to Sanford. This IFE is becoming a pain in the proverbial!!

Cheers guys
lattridge,

If you have bags to check-in, online check-in probably won't be much of a time saver for you so I wouldn't worry too much if you can't gain access. I know there have been a few issues with logging in to the various TCX sites, eg API and seat selection so maybe it's another glitch?

Darren
Sunaddict,

I was told it's subject to demand. If interest is high, they'll consider keeping them but at present, the decision is from May 2011, they'll be removed.

Darren
Govan Jaggie,

OY-VKF has the same configuration as the short haul TCX aircraft. OY-VKI is all economy although the seats in the front cabin have a couple of extra inches of seat pitch than the other cabins. This aircraft doesn't have seat back IFE.

Darren
we were informed about the change of aircraft about 3-4 weeks before we flew, never again with thomas cook the only reason we went with them was the hotel we wanted to stay at is no longer used by first choice you live and learn, that poor women at the check in, i passed on all our information to watch dog because i believe we paid for servces that were not forth coming from thomas cook we were the first to choose our seats about 12 weeks before we flew my seat did not even exist
Hi dazbo

Got the tickets yesterday from TC and they said that the GLA-DLM (TCX165K) on 9th July was to be operated by a 757-300!
Is this info correct or just a typo because i didn't think that TC ran 753's out of Glasgow anymore? But i might be wrong.

Many thanks

Luke
hi all

just flew to/from london gatwick to punta cana tcx013k/L on way out had G-omyt and on way back had G-MLJL these are fab aircraft which had downstairs loos seatback ife and 33" seat pitch they also had fab cameras on the nose gear or thereabouts and on the belly to watch the take of and landing all together two great flights with tcx

only one negative if you are sat in rows 34-42 this part of the plane is very hot compared to the rest of the plane

happy travelling :cheers :wave:
luk3000,

The information is correct. Both of the 753's were on the apron in GLA the other day. LGW have A330's doing mid haul work out of LGW, freeing the 753's on some flights. Turkey is very popular this year, probably due to the euro and Turkey being a great and less expensive place to holiday, hence the increase in capacity and the use of the 753's. The 753's aren't much different than the 752's from a passengers perspective, they've just very long!

Darren
By the way Darren is the seat pitch better or worse on the 753's than the 752's
thanks
luk3000,

As I mentioned above, they are idenatical from a passengers perspective. More details on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi,

Anyone know which routes the Aurela Airlines aircrafts are predominantly operating?

Regards,

Vic
Vixxy,

LY-SKJ/R will be part of the general fleet and will operate a variety of flights in Summer 10.

Darren
Hey everyone :wave: Can anyone tell me anything about flight TCX44K from Belfast Intl to Sanford on Thurs 24th June?(TCX44L return on 8th July.)
I know that it's definitely an A330, but would like to know if the plane will have seat-back tvs instead of aisle tvs? I thought until today that all A330's would have the seat-backs but someone was saying that it might be an older plane and therefore not have.
I'm praying that there is, as 9 hours is long enough without no good IFE.... I might need to buy every magazine in the newsagents to pass the time...
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
eshaw1986,

Unless you have been advised otherwise by Thomas Cook, your flights are operated by the long haul Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi all

I thought that your seat your choice was starting at £12 each and then £6 extra each per flight if you booked more than 7 days before your holiday.

I assumed that once it went down to 7 days and less it would go back to starting at £12 each return to book seats.

Have I got this right?

As we fly next Monday but when I logged on this morning to book seats it's still showing as totalling £50 odd. It's charging me £13 per person per flight.

Can anyone help?

I was going to book if it was just £13 each return but if it's still over £50 I think that's a rip off and not prepared to pay that much.

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.