Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
shanti43,

A link to Thomas Cooks inflight magazine where the IFE is listed is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You'll just need to join Ink Publishing to view it. The current magazine is for May-July. The long haul aircraft don't have on-demand functions. Only one in the fleet has that and it's currently assigned to other flights.

Darren
Hi Darren :wave:

I wonder if you can help me please. I have a couple of friends flying from LGW -BJV-LGW on TCX321K/TCX321L on October 25th. What they are wanting to know is, will this aircraft be one of the narrow bodied without IFE or is too early to tell yet as it will be the winter schedule, as if they have no IFE they will take their portable DVD players.

Many thanks in advance. :tup

Angie.
Hi all!

I have now worked out how to book your seat your choice online for the lower price so thought I'd give everyone the info.

Basically when you first log in to book your seat your choice it comes up with the plane seating plan and it shows the charges starting from £12 per person each way.

However, if booking less than 7 days in advance the price should be lower. Yet when you log in, it still loads the first page of the seating plan with the £12 per person each way prices. If you just ignore that and click continue, on the next page you will see an option to 'seclect seats together' this is starting from £12 per person return, depending on where you are travelling to (£14 each in my case). You then pay for that etc. Then if you log out and log back in again, the seating plan of the plane will show charges as £0 to select your specific seats (unless they are emergency exit seats). This then means you pay the lower amount than if you booked through the first page that loads or more than 7 days in advance.

I think this will only happen if you book 7 or less days before your flight. Otherwise I believe the greater charge would apply. Might as well wait for the lower price as you're getting the same thing for half the price!

A bit long winded and would be much better if the seating plan of the plane was on the second page to avoid confusion.
<<Might as well wait for the lower price as you're getting the same thing for half the price! >>

Yes. but only if they've still got the seats that you want.
Angie34,

The aircraft type isn't showing on the schedule for some reason but I should imagine that route by then will be operated by a narrow bodied aircraft, Boeing 757-200. If you ask a little closer to the time, I should be able to confirm things.

Darren
Thanks Darren will come back closer to the time. :tup

Angie.
Have paid to pre-book seats when originally booked holiday. My understanding is that I can book 7 days prior to departure. I can also pay an additional £6 per person (presume per flight) to book seats prior to the 7 days. Is it worth booking earlier than 7 days - will all the seats be gone for me to book if I leave it to the 7 day before deal?? Any suggestions??
hippyjak,

It's whatever you prefer really. If you aren't fussed where abouts on the aircraft you sit, you might as well save the money. If you want a particular seat, you may want to pay the extra to book before the 7 days or get a seat close to the one you want after the 7 days if it's not available. Personal preference really.

Darren
sunaddict - Yep but it's very unlikely everyone on the plane will have pre-booked their own seats!

hippyjak - It depends. If you want the emergency exit seats you'd need to book as soon as possible but these are quite a lot extra anyway. I have booked mine today (6 days before departure) and there were 30 rows on the plane and there were approximately about 5 or 6 rows booked out of those, the rest were available. If you don't mind where you sit as long as you're sat together (like me) then i'd say it's fine to wait until 7 days before departure as it's not worth paying double price for the same outcome! Not sure if you're aware but you can always keep an eye on it also. If you log in online you can see which seats are still available for your flight and which have been booked.
Thomas Cook to fly out of Bournemouth and Southampton

Thomas Cook has introduced 17 new routes from 13 UK airports for next summer and will fly out of Bournemouth and Southampton airports.

The routes are:

Humberside Airport -Enfhida (Tunisia);
Bournemouth Airport - Dalaman, Antalya, Corfu;
Southampton Airport - Palma;
Doncaster - Antalya;
London Gatwick Airport - Djerba;
Manchester Airport - Djerba;
Bristol Airport - Izmir;
East Midlands Airport - Hurghada, Funchal;
Newcastle Airport - Hurghada;
Leeds Bradford Airport - Kos;
Glasgow Airport - Hurghada;
Exeter Airport - Funchal.

The operator will also introduce a service out of Belfast City Airport for the first time this summer, flying to Spain's Reus.

Chief executive officer at Thomas Cook UK & Ireland Ian Derbyshire said: "We're constantly reviewing our flying programme so that it reflects what our customers want. We operate flights from 17 UK airports in total to more than 50 destinations worldwide, which gives holidaymakers a great deal of choice, flexibility and convenience when it comes to choosing their holiday destination and where they fly from."

With permission from Travelmole
Thanks Natalie1984, I didn't realise that you could do that. I'll log on later and have a nose. Not flying till August :cheers
Could anyone tell me how i can contact Thomas Cook Airlines?

It might sound easier said than done but i have been trying for just over 4 weeks now to amend some extra leg room seats i had booked for July but the holiday has been changed to Sept. I have sent emails, requested call backs and wrote letters but i still have not yet spoken to anyone. There telephones are just constantly on an answerphone saying they are too busy to take my call and to try later!

I dont want the date to pass and then i lose my money without actually speaking to anyone to amend it.

HELP!!!!!!
kellyanddan2009,

Welcome onboard :tup
What time have you tried calling? I find calling between 10-11am is a good time as the morning rush has passed and everyone is in work, and it's before the midday rush. The number is 0844 8550515, or you might want to try one of the alternative numbers on Say No To 0870.

Darren
We are flying Glasgow to Cancun on 20th September returning 4th October, do you know what airoplane will be used or what is the usual one? Does it have seat back tv's?

Thanks
Hi
Does anyone know what plane TC are using Longhaul flying from Manchester to Sanford on 16th July (TCX092K/092L)
It has no seatback ife and only 29" legroom (even though they say all long haul flights have seatback ife and 33"). I assume it is an unmodified for longhaul aircraft?
Thanks
Manc
having trouble posting a question, so hope this does it.
question is to do with thomas cook and the promised 33" seat pitch,
lots of bad comments at the moment concerning said pitch or lack of it.
i along with other people booked a hol with thomas cook and the 33" was a major
deal breaker, not that i am big because i am not.
but past pitches with T/C the worst ever. 33" makes all the difference when booking a holiday especially with this airline.In fact if it's not available now i've booked already i wonder if i could cancel on the basis that they are not providing what i thought i was purchasing.
now my flight does not leave manchester untill 20th December to cancun TCX234k &TCX234L 3rd Jan, so it may be that the problem is sorted by then????? what are yor thoughts on a flight that is 6 months off, and do you think T/C should inform us of their plans before they take our money. :think :think
mexicogirls,

Welcome :wave:

Your flight will be operated using an Airbus A330-200.

More infomation on our What Aircraft? Guide (link in my signature)

Gower
debs321,

At the moment your flight is scheduled to be operated by an Airbus A330-200 (33" Seat Pitch).

If this changes Thomas cook will contact you. However as always aircraft are subject to change without notice, for Maintanence/Technical reasons.

debs321 wrote:
In fact if it's not available now i've booked already i wonder if i could cancel on the basis that they are not providing what i thought i was purchasing.

It is in every Airlines Terms and Conditions that aircraft can be changed.

Gower
manc,

Your flight should be operated by the TCX (Scandaavia) Airbus A330-300; OY-VKI.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.