Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi there i have been getting some very bad reports about thomas cook airlines. i have booked to go to cancun in oct, i usually fly with thomson but they are dearer this year and was assured by agent that t.c was as good. some reports are saying that there is no entertainment on flights, but my main concern is leg room, people saythey are very cramped. any info whould be great to put my mind at rest
Entertainment (seatback IFE) on long haul and seat pitch almost the same as Thomson. Aircraft should be an Airbus 330.
Some more info on the IFE here http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3312311 i will be paying extra as i was so board going to turkey i know its only 4.5 hours but its something that passes the time.

http://uk.travel.yahoo.com/p-promo-3312311

Daz can i ask you why does planes have to dim there lights on landing and take off at night??? thanks
The reason that the lights are dimmed is that your eye sight is more adjusted to a similar light incase of an emergency. I always thought it was so it didn't disturb people on the ground :cheers until I watched a documentary about flying hahaha!
Just a quick heads up for those thinking about hiring the PSP for £7.50, TC are selling headphone splitters for £5 which can be picked up on ebay for a few pence, so if you are going to share say a movie then pick one up before travelling.
Hi Darren (or others in the know)

Can you please clarify the make-up of the A330 fleet, ie 200s/300s, seat pitch/seatback IFE etc, UK/Scandinavian. I know this has been covered over the last months/years but it would be nice to see a list of what's what. Many of the Sanford flights seem to be on aircraft with 29" pitch and overhead TVs.

Thanks in advance

Dan
dan123,

Aircraft information is detailed on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). There are the usual 6x A330-200's; 3 in long haul (323 seats, G-OMYT, G-MLJL & G-MDBD) and 3 in Canadian Affair / mid-haul configuration (354 seats G-OJMB, G-OJMC & G-TCXA). OY-VKF (A332, seat ack IFE, 29" seat pitch) and OY-VKI (A333, no seat back IFE, 29" seat pitch) are also operating for TCX.

Darren
annietj,

MAN-SFB-MAN (TCX092K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200 (long haul) outbound and I beleive an Airbus A330-300 inbound (on your dates). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Some flights are effected by aircraft going in for maintenance, your inbound flight is one of them I'm afraid. The aircraft has IFE, but it's via overhead screans rather than seat back IFE. It's also in a short haul configuration, hence 29" seat pitch rather than the usual 33". It's within most airlines terms and conditions they can change aircraft for operational reasons if required, that's why no compensation is due.

Darren
jeromeserena,

It's only short haul flights with the narrow bodied aircraft that don't have IFE. Long haul flights and short/mid haul with the wide bodied fleet have IFE. You'll find aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
liana wrote:
Daz can i ask you why does planes have to dim there lights on landing and take off at night??? thanks

hippyjak wrote:
The reason that the lights are dimmed is that your eye sight is more adjusted to a similar light incase of an emergency.
:tup
Darren
Thanks for that i thought it was due to people on the ground too.

MAN-SFB-MAN (TCX092K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200 (long haul) outbound and I beleive an Airbus A330-300 inbound (on your dates). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Some flights are effected by aircraft going in for maintenance, your inbound flight is one of them I'm afraid. The aircraft has IFE, but it's via overhead screans rather than seat back IFE. It's also in a short haul configuration, hence 29" seat pitch rather than the usual 33". It's within most airlines terms and conditions they can change aircraft for operational reasons if required, that's why no compensation is due.

Thanks Darren for that, just my luck eh, better get started loading the netbook with films!!
:roll:
Hi Darren,
Do you know if the flights TCX65K 20 June 2010 and TCX65L 4 July 2010 will be on the aircraft with 29" pitch and no seat back IFE? Or is it too early to say?
Thanks
Marmosetti,

Unless you've been notified of any changes, it'll be the usual scheduled service.

Darren
we flew out to cancun on tcx87k on 30th may from gatwick we were told that the aircraft had changed but were assured the seating would be the same as we had prebooked our seats, it was utter chaos, were were not seated where whe should have been as the aircraft was 2-4-2 not 3-3-3 even though our thomas cook agent had emailed head office to get confirmation that the seating would be the same, it was the worst 11 hours of our lives cramped, a tv overhead that you could not see and not seated where we had booked the seats, let me tell any one who is going on a thomas cook plane that has been changed to get to the airport early to try to get seated together, i'm not sure what thomas cook are doing but there are 200 plus people who travelled to cancun with us that will never fly with them again :(
I've booked a holiday with Thomson to Ibiza and am flying with Thomas cook airlines. It says on the tc website that you can check in online from 7 days from you departure, however it is not appearing for me. When I log on with my details it just takes me straight to the seat selection page.

I have already selected and paid for exit row seats so should I be able to check in online, or is it because I have reserved through Thomson online check in isn't available?

Also, is priority check in worth it?

Many thanks.
Mithchell, how far in advance were you informed of the change of aircraft? Keeping my fingers crossed here.
Hi

Can anyone assist. I have just been reading another forum. According to one of their crew, management info says they have no intention of removing their premium cabins from the A330's next year! It's getting rather confusing.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.