Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
samlee,
I was in the airport recently and it was called the Observatory Bar, its not as good as you would expect but it gives you a great view of terminal 1. I did not take much of a look around T2 really apart from the Dixons tax free and Alpha by the time I had finished seeing what bargains I could get we diddn't have a long time before boarding.

Z.J.C
Z.J.C

Thanks for your help we'll check it out it'll pass a hour on.
Hello

We ae off to SFB on just over two weeks. Have booked premium seating but have seen quite few posts about long haul aircraft being replaced with short haul configs. Do you know how the TOM 114/115 has fared this summer? Has it usually run with the long haul aircraft and on time? I know from previous posts its a former FC aircraft. Thanks.
darbyrw,

TOM114/5 is scheduled to be operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (258 seats) and has been for the majority of the summer season. It's only operated by a short haul (328Y) aircraft if the original aircraft suffers from a technical problem and it's brought in to cover. The alternative is a lengthy delay. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Hmm, a quandry,

In a previous post I asked about the location of seats 16A & B on the a/c (ex First Choice I believe) which would operated NCL - SFB on the 4th Oct, as my wife has pre-booked these. Gower ( I think) kindly responded and told me they were over the wing, but with a view to the front, a position I would rather not have. I rang Thomsonfly to change these, however the person I spoke to assured me they were in front of the wing..??

Can anyone confirm where these seats are and if they are telling me porkies please just so I am sure when I ring back up.

thanks in advance.

(Sorry Gower, I really doubt them, not you..!!)
humanist,

I came back from Mombassa earlier this year sat in 16A. This is what you'll see out of the window;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/Kenya02.jpg

Row 16 is at the front of the wing, adjacent to the CF-6 turbofans.

Darren
Marvellous Darren. There could hardly be a better demonstation of "what you see from 16A". Looks like a decent view.

Thanks a million,

Mal.
:( Checked in at Faro this morning for flight back to Manchester - despite being there 2.5 hours before flight and at the front of the queue (first peopple to go up to desk) - was told that seats were all allocated and could not be changed - confirmed with Thomson Rep at Check in also who said we should ask on the plane about moving - I'm sure the cabin crew would of been pleased with this - is this something new introduced in the last week ? As we got our requested two aisle seats near the front row 4c/d last week going out - ended up on Row 20 out of 37 with window and middle - It is nice to know that Thomson really appreciate customers who spend £1600 for a weeks B&B holiday for two people !!!
Thomson have been pre-alocating seats using a best fit program [usually 48hrs before the flight] for a couple of years you may have been lucky on the way out that suitable seats had already been allocated to you, if you want specific seats im afraid you have to book and pay for them

there has been a lot of discussion on the subject in this and other threads
Smithford,

Seating is pre-allocated 24 hours before the departure date. It's done via a computer model to ensure passengers are seated as per their requests and minimise passengers being split up. This system has been in operation for some time now, it's nothing new. Check-in staff aren't supposed to change seats as it has knock-on effects for other passengers so they were either available or allocated to you on your outbound flight, or you got over and above service from the check-in agent.

Darren
Thanks for your replys - been on two other Thomson flights this year and not encountered this on either - When I booked this holiday I did ask about reservinging actual seat numbers but was told not able to - just turn up at the airport early (as we normally do anyway). Pre booked seats were part of A la carte package.
z.j.c wrote:
Welcome back Darren.

Thanks, and thanks to yourself and Gower as well as others for assisting members with their flight questions.

Darren
Hi

Has anyone flown to Sanford from Manchester lately? I holiday in USA twice a year but normally use AA / Delta / United after from bas experience with First Choice and MyTravel long haul. But got a great deal on Thomson so went with it. My flights are:

22 Oct 09 - MAN / SFB - 1030 / 1450 - TOM114

29 Oct 09 - SFB / MAN - 1810 / 0625* - TOM115

We're in economy

Any feedback, opinions and information would be greatly appreciated.
markormiston,
The Thomson Long Haul Service is second to none. 33" Leg Pitch throughout the cabin followed by a 7" AVOD PVT in the screens. With a range of Movies, TV Shows, Radio and Games.

The legroom is fantastic and the entertainment is fantastic also.

I would imagine your flight will be on one of the ex-FCA 767-300 which has 2-3-2 seating throughout the cabin.

If you have a look on the What Aircraft Guide there is some trip reports.

I came back from Mexico last month but sadly the flight had a technical issue and they changed it to a Short Haul config 767.

Z.J.C
markormiston.
Flew manchester-sanford this year (end of may -beginning of june) in premium economy. we booked seats together and both flights were superb value for money. No problems ,very comfortable and compares very well with virgin and continental. (You can't beat continental business class ,but have you seen the price?!) The flight was ex- Thomson 767 (2-3-2 in premium,2-4-2 in economy). We might have been slightly cramped in economy if we had been in economy (we are wide -bodied as well !) but the legroom was great. I would fly Thomson again at the drop of a hat.
Have a great holiday.
chrissfhl
Hi all

On an earlier post i mentioned that we were flying to Cancun from Gatwick on TOM076 at 9.15 on the 5th Dec with a premium seat upgrade, for info i tried to book our seats on Thursday using https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk/webxsr/webxsr and was understandably told i was too early and to get back 8 weeks before the flight. No problem.

I received an email from Thomsons this afternoon telling me that there is a new system and that i can reserve premium seats free of charge from today, 11 weeks before flying, i logged in and booked, (first ones on the aircraft). Well done Thomsons a very good new service.

Peter
Hello, I am flying from Manchester to Samos on 24th September and coming back on 1st October. The flight numbers are TOM2436 and TOM2437.

Firstly, I was wondering if somebody could confirm the airline as being Thomson as somebody else told me the airline was Viking Airlines, which I've never heard of! Secondly, does anybody know the aircraft? Finally, is there any entertainment on board?

Thanks very much in advance.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.