Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Can anyone advise which aircraft Thomson Airways uses for flight numbers TOM 602/TOM 603. Stansted - Enfidha - Stansted?

Travelling on 8 August 2012.
Returning on 15 August 2012.

The flight is scheduled to leave at about 6am and we are travelling with 2 kids so were thinking of not getting to the airport when check-in opens at 4am. Is there any truth in the rumour that Thomson (and possibly other airlines) will have already allocated our seats, together, before we check in (negating the necessity to pay £50 for the privilege)? Or do they have to seat at least one of us with each child anyway so we won't be dotted in four single seats around the plane?

Many thanks in advance.
minime007,

Welcome onboard :tup
STN-NBE-STN (TOM602/3) should be operated by an Airbus A320-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is allocated the day before the departure so you can't request seating on the day. This is done using a best fit model taking in to account those that have already pre-selected and pre-booked seating together. Those that havenlt will be allocated seats once those have been taken in to account. There are no guarantees those who haven't reserved seating will be sat together, although the model will seat as many as they can together, especially children who need to be with an adult. For peace of mind, that's what the seating services are for.

Darren
Stanstead should be having two 737's this summer, rather than one A320 and one 737. So the flight should be a 737-800
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
minime007,

STN-NBE-STN (TOM602/3) should be operated by an Airbus A320-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is allocated the day before the departure so you can't request seating on the day. This is done using a best fit model taking in to account those that have already pre-selected and pre-booked seating together. Those that havenlt will be allocated seats once those have been taken in to account. There are no guarantees those who haven't reserved seating will be sat together, although the model will seat as many as they can together, especially children who need to be with an adult. For peace of mind, that's what the seating services are for.

Darren

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
Stanstead should be having two 737's this summer, rather than one A320 and one 737. So the flight should be a 737-800

Thanks for your replies. When will this be confirmed?? It probably doesn't matter but in this technological age it's nice to know everything before we travel :)
Hey Daz, Can you tell me the extra leg room seats on tom598 from bhx to mbj are 15 c d e still the ones to go for ?
Cheers
TOM598 isn't BHX-MBJ

But it will be Row 11CDE or 20 A-G
You sure ? well on my booking its TOM598 24 march BHX to MBJ
I'm booked on TOM598 too - and I'm flying Bournemouth to Antalya on 3rd May!!!
(Don't get me wrong if I end up in MBJ I'd be delighted!!!).
Hi there - we are flying from Manchester to Dalaman on the 4th June 2012 on TOM714 - returning on the 18th on TOM715

we are wondering which seats are best for 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant - we are hoping that we are on a 2-4-2 configuration and that we can have something like rows 7+8 on A&B for both - so the kids can both look out of the windows!

ideally we don't want to be in the 4 in the middle.... :)

many thanks!
Its showing as TOM652 on my programme guide, supplied by Thomson's ops department and also Thomson Airways timetable section on their website. The flight number makes little difference, as long as you turn up on time.

Row 15 is the extra legroom on the ex-Thomsonfly, row 11 is the extra legroom on the ex-First Choice 767's... BHX use the latter for their long haul at the moment.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
TOM598 isn't BHX-MBJ

mickeee wrote:
You sure ? well on my booking its TOM598 24 march BHX to MBJ

The same flight number is used on different flights in the summer and winter seasons. TOM598/9 is BHX-MBJ-BHX in the winter season, then BOH-AYT-BOH in the summer season.

mickeee wrote:
Can you tell me the extra leg room seats on tom598 from bhx to mbj are 15 c d e still the ones to go for ?

They are rows 11 and 20 (ex FCA 763), not 15 (ex TOM 763). Which one is best for you is personal preference. I prefer row 20, but that just my opinion.

Darren
mikehel,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM714/5) is normally a Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul / winglets) but I won't be able to confirm it until May. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
many thanks Darren! - any ideas on the 767 where the extra oxygen mask things are and if that means we would have to be in the 4 seats in the middle?
There is an extra oxygen mask above each set of seats (1 above A/B, 1 above CDEF and 1 above G/H)
I fear de-javu time unfortunately.

Three years ago we succesfully sued First Choice Holidays for not providing premium economy seating and it looks like it is heading that way again this forthcoming holiday.

Called them again today and no luck. I pushed it a little further and was given an alternative number to call which I did.

The alternative number advised me that there is a change being made and hence the reason why no seating can be booked. He assured me that the change wasn't a timing change but a change of airplane.

Given that usually a plane with the highest number of premium seats is sent to Cancun from Gatwick that could only mean that now a plane with fewer or no premium seats is going to be used.

Have sent off an email to First Choice Holidays insisting I get supplied with premium seats, else another meeting in Court will follow.

Will keep everybody informed on the progress of this saga......

Mark :)
Markj
If that's true mate, it's bang out of order!!! It's the same old story. Shocking communication as soon as they've got our money!!
I hope you get it sorted fella, I'll have my finges crossed!
I hope so too. I just knew something was wrong the minute the website advised me that my booking reference could not be found. The usual error message is that is too early to book seats yet.

Mark :)
Good Luck mark- hope you get it sorted without having the court business again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.