Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Has anyone the details of the inflight food now available on short/med haul flights now that Thomson have stopped the inflight meals service.

Hi Rogerdoger,

In addition to the drinks and snack items you can see in the inflight magazine, on short-haul/medium flights 'the eatery' menu card is available. This shows the hot 'snack' items available to purchase on these services, which currently are;

Bacon Baguette
Chicken Fajita Wrap
Chicago Town Cheese Pizza
Portion of Chips
Chicken Soup & Bread Roll
Tomato Soup & Bread Roll
The Food Doctor Couscous & Lentil Pot

these are shown along with various mini-snack packs, including;

Original Snack Box
Breakfast Snack Box
Afternoon Tea Snack Box
Kids Snack Box

Many of these items can be bought together as a meal deal onboard.

Very fast food style I guess but if the tradtional meals were no longer 'popular' anymore then I guess this is what we have to end up with ?
Hi aidoair
Thanks for the info just what i was looking for

Roger
MarkJ

Out of interest what is your flight number?

:)
MarkJ

I think i have found your problem, the flight extras dept should be aware of this however;

There are quite a few problems across the board with this

there is no TOM092 for Summer 2012, the flight numbers are as follows;

Monday - TOM038
Wed - TOM048
Thurs - TOM028
Fri - TOM062
Sun - TOM022

These havent been updated in the system yet and apparently technicians are working on it at the moment.
I sent a query off to First Choice with regards the change of flight numbers and they quickly replied as follows confirming that BEfreeTODAY is right:

The flight number has been changed on our reservation system, however this hasn't currently been done on our seating system. So at the moment you will not be able to select your seat numbers. All I can advise at this time is to continue to check our Flight Extras website, as soon as the information is updated you will be able to select your seat numbers.

That now leaves me having to try each day and see if I can book the seats online.

Mark :)
Mark

Im glad we got it sorted even if you still don't have an good outcome of being able to select seats
When are you able to select seats

I due to fly to venice in July from manchester
joeseptuk,

90 days prior to your return flight if you book over the phone or 60 days online. It's sometimes a little earlier that this if the flight is uploaded on to the system earlier.

Darren
Darren,
I saw the "90 days prior to the return flight" on my booking confirmation for a holiday in December and assumed that was a typo and it would be 90 days prior to the outbound flight. The reason being that, if on a two week holiday, those travelling on the same outbound flight for a one week holiday would be able to book specific seats a good seven days before those going for two weeks - is that correct and, if so, how does one ensure a "fair crack of the whip" in getting the preferred seats?

Cheers,
Ralph
jetnoise,

That is correct, yes although as I mention, it's worth checking just prior to when you expect them to be available as flights are sometimes uploaded sooner. In terms of fairness, that's something you'd need take up with Thomson Airways if you think it's unfair as it is. In my experience of booking seats, I've never not been able to get what I wanted under the current system.

Darren
Hi Darren!

About a month ago I asked about my flight, TOM2606 MAN-PMI. Then you stated that it was going to be a Boeing 767-300ER. However, since then our flight times have changed and I noticed that it lands in Palma at 12:10 and its return flight (2607) departs at 13:20. Is it usually the case the the 767s need an hour and fifteen minutes turnaround? If so, is it now a different aircraft?

Thanks in advance for your help Darren! Much appreciated! :D
Fly21,

That turn around time is usual for Thomson Airways on short and medium haul flights. It's normally around an hour for a turn-around with the larger aircraft such as the 767 taking slightly longer.

Darren
Hi,

We are a family of 8 flying out from Manchester to Marrakesh on 14th June 2012 for 2 weeks, flight number TOM388 and can hopefully book our seats from tomorrow onwards (we'll see..lol)

Is this a 757 with a 3-3 configuration? Which are the the wing seats (to avoid for obstructed view)? I know there is no meal included but is there any IFE? Its only a short flight so we've got enough gadgets between us to keep us occupied but I was wondering.

Thanks

Kay
kayshaw,

All the aircaft information you're looking for is on our What Aircraft? guide. The wing is from rows 12-25 so anything in the forward or rear cabin and you'll be fine.

Darren
Hi,

Any information on which aircraft type will be operating TOM 4668/4669 LGW-FUE-LGW on June 9th/16th respectively? For some reason, I always seem to end up booking holidays which involve flying on their last two A321s so I wouldn't be at all surprised if I end up on them again...!

Thanks in advance! :)
Hi

Im flying from Manchester to Venice Marco Polo, on 6 July, and returning 20 July

Flight Nos....Tom 2512/2513

Reading Thompson web site, there getting a new fleet of planes....Boeing Next-Generation 737-800s, and Mancheter looks like getting some of these planes, on short/medium haul routes

Any idea what type of plane it will be

thanks Joe
joeseptk,

Your flights should be operated by Boeing 737-800. They're getting quite a few new aircraft over the next few months with 6 deliveries since November. It's too early to say which you'll get, but there's a good chance of one of the newer ones with the sky interior.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.