Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi we are going to Sanford from Newcastle on 10th May. We chose our seats by phone so we didn't see the seat plan but now believe the plane is a Thomson and not the ex first choice we had last year. Could you confirm this for us please.
Thank you
cant see it changing this late on

famous last words
We were a party of 6, 2 adults and 4 kids aged 8, 11, 11 & 13.

We never pre-book seats at it's so expensive and our kids are older so if we get spilt up slighty (not that we ever have been) there are enough of us to cope. Last August we flew from East Mids to Bodrum with Thomson. We were amazed when we got our boarding passes that we were seated on the first 2 rows of the plane, with the aisle separating us! Our youngest thought we were in first class he was so chuffed lol.

So my question, why weren't these seats pre-booked by someone? Surely those 6 seats are big £ for Thomson and why did we get them?

My partner reckons as my surname begins with A and I'd booked the flights that it as an alphabetical thing but I'm not convinced.

Not a desperate question but something I've wondered about since last year.......

On our return journey we were the 3rd and 4th row back so not first class that time lol

Lou
We are flying to Bodrum from Gatwick on the 9th August on TOM558 I believe. It appears to be now at 7:40 (was 7:00 when I booked). Is it too early to know which aircraft type this will be since looking back at history on internet searches it has been 757 or 321.
Hi

Can anyone confirm what aircraft we will be flying on TOM1142 from Newcastle to Las Palmas 7th may? Thanks
sorry if this has been asked before but ive checked a few pages at random and not found it.....

does the airline accept trunkis as a childs hand luggage???
travelling Sunday 22nd July Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh TOM546.

Any idea what plane this will be.

First choice advertise Sharm as a long haul holiday yet I believe the flight entertainment has been removed if flight not longer than 7 hrs.

5 and half hours should be long haul surely and should still have ife and meals in my opinion.

regards
Scooby
Scooby

Its a B767-300 and theres no entertainment
5 and half hours should be long haul surely and should still have ife and meals in my opinion

I reckon its because EasyJet now fly to Sharm el Sheikh
- so other airlines like Thomson and Thomas Cook have to compete pricewise
That's why you get no meals and no IFE for five and a half boring, hungry, cramped hours.

Heaven help us if EasyCrush or RyanSquash ever buy bigger planes and start crossing the Atlantic.
Five and half hours isn't longhaul. The removal of IFE and meals isn't anything to do with Easyjet. More to do with more and more customers not prebooking meals and buying meal deals etc before they board, and less and less people watching the IFE, preferring ipods, ipads, netbooks, PSP's etc.
The flight to Cape Verde is even worse (ie longer).
This route started as long haul but was then changed to be classed as short haul.
BA class Sharm as long haul, but unfortunately the charters have always done it as a short haul route.
It certainly influences my booking decisions but I fear I'm not representing the majority!
Scoobydoo,

Flights to Egypt are classed as Mid Haul.

Regards,
Pat
pat wrote:
Scoobydoo,

Flights to Egypt are classed as Mid Haul.

Regards,
Pat

To us passengers / customers - what is the difference between short and mid haul?
Hi rhodgreen,

Afraid I can't answer that, but we have flown to Egypt 6 times and it has always been classed as Mid Haul. Pehaps one of the Moderators on here will be able to answer the question for you? As far as I am aware Long Haul is classed as 7 hours or over ....... but I maybe wrong??

Regards,
Pat
Classing the flight as "Mid-Haul" enables the operators to charge you more than short-haul for the extra legroom seats but still provide the cramped standard seat-pitch that is just about acceptable on a flight to Palma as long as you are no taller than 5'2".

Cheers,
Ralph
Not sure of flying times involved but Portugal at about 3.5 is short, Canaries at about 4 hours are mid haul, so maybe upto 4 is short, 4-7 mid and 7 and over long?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.