Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
jays25m

NCL-MAN-CUN-NCL (TOM392/3) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. If the aircraft, for operational reasons is changed to a ex-TOM, then it's unlikely you'll get a premium seat as they are in short haul configuration. It's a question of whether you'd prefer an extensive delay and lose a day or your holiday, or wait for the aircraft to be servicable and get your premium seats. I know what I'd choose! You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) with links to seats plans for the aircraft that'll answer your questions with regards to row 1 and row 2. Aircraft are rotated regularly, but 5 of the 6 aircraft have the V2 configuration so is the likely aircraft for your flights, although the V1 aircraft was used twice in August. Does it really matter if you get the front seats? They're all basically the same and don't have any major advantage over other seats. The premium cabin is nice regardless of the row number. The only advantage is you don't get people reclining in to your space, they don't have much more seat pitch as and the screens fold out of the arm rest. You can only request them and wait and see.

Darren
Darren,

Yes it does matter while in essence the actual structure/cosmetic eg. leather trim etc of all the seats in the premium cabin are exactly the same it was just a personal preference, as at point of upgrading to premium class just last week there are no window seats left in premium class cabin on both inbound/outbound flight TOM392/3 and while this is just a personal preference I feel really confined in the centre aisle seats for such a long flight not to the point where i hyperventilate or anything extreme just a preference really, while in hindsight i regret not upgrading to premium class from the outset as we booked well in advance having booked since almost a year prior to departure, but it was really a last min decision, but if we didnt get our req for the front rows then am happy to just grin and bear it i guess.

Also can i just clarify when you say if it is changed to a ex.TOM aircraft it is unlikely we will get a premium seat will we still receive the actual premium services etc better meal choice/comp drinks/tv upgrade etc though just not an actual premium seat e.g. more leg room?

Regards
J
jays25

Keep in mind that you may be sat one in front of the other or across the aisle, even in premium, if you don't pre-book seats and if you are unlucky. We were sat one behind the other on both the outbound and inbound from Mexico a few years back. If you can, confirm your seats before you go. One behind the other and across the aisle is still classified by Thomson as "sitting together".
Hi Daz

Newbie here but what an oracle of information you are.
Any chance on Wednesday that you could let me know what A/C is due to operate TOM028 LGW--CUN rotation on Thursday the 6/9/12.

Cheers Daz
Yes well initially we had paid at time of booking in Nov 2011 for reserve seating and were one of the first to select our seat numbers back in July 2012 as soon as it hit the 90 day mark and the access became available and selected row 35 a,b,c, but since upgrading to premium the other day and no windows seats left anyway in premium class I have selected some premium seats online the other day to avoid being separated to ensure we are sat together even in premium and then just hope we may get our request for row 1 & 2 which even if released Thomson said it will only be Row 1 A/B, and Row 2 A/B which will be fine. So fingers crossed.
Justin40,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM028/9) is currently likely to be operated by G-OOBM on Thursday as that's on your rotation this week. However, this could change between now and then. The aircraft comes in from Puerto Plata (TOM070/1) so i'll check on Wednesday if you remind me what aircraft is operating so unless there's any last minute swaps, that'll be your bird. It doesn't make much difference though as they're all bascially the same inside.

Darren
Darren
jays25,

If the aircraft is changed, it may not have a premium cabin so no premium upgrade. You'll receive a refund for the flight(s) you don't get the upgrade. It's unlikely to happen so no need to worry.

Darren
Guys im wondering if its possible to detail the exact a/c i will be flying on this weekend. Flying from BRS to LCA. Believe there are 2 757s based at BRS just wondering if its possible to find out the exact a/c
jonsmith1975,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. G-OOBI/F are BRS based at the moment so it'll be one of these assuming there's no fleet rotation before your flight. They are both the same inside so it makes little difference which it is on the day.

Darren
Cheers Buddy, believe theres a fair difference in age between the 2 a/c. With G-OOBI being 19 compared to F's 8, is there much difference between them? Comfort/cabin wise?
jonsmith1975,

The age of the aircraft makes little difference due to the high level of maintenance. Interior wise, there's not really any difference.

Darren
On long haul flight to Mexico, do thomson charge for soft and alcoholic drinks, thank you
Derwentrocker,

All drinks are chargable in economy other than water on request by the glass. Drinks, other than champagne are complimentory in premium economy.

Darren
Thanks Darren for the info, i am that used to flying with Virgin and having drinks that are free, i forget to find out about other airlines
Derwentrocker,

As a general rule, full fair scheduled airlines offer complimentory drinks and meals. Charter (other than long haul) and low cost don't.

Darren
Yes of course you are right. We were going to upgrade to premium as always done it with virgin. That said, we have the exit seats with thomson so i am quite happy with that.
Hi flying to punta cana PUJ on 14/09/12 TOM 050 any idea of with aircraft will be operating this route on friday also will it be a FCA aircraft or TOM, any info would be good.
L10-11,

LGW-PUJ-LGW (TOM050/1) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. If you're after a registration, I won't know until the day before but it makes little difference as all but 1 aircraft are identical. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Travelling to Cancun with Thomsons next month. Selected our seats again via Thomson website. Wanted row 20 but these where not available,ended up on row 19 A,B window seats. Will our seats have a recline that wont impact the people behind us as much because row 20 is legroom seats on most 767 Type of Jet air-planes ?

Flight is TOM 196...Have I got this right ?

:que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.