Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
For the past four weeks TOM4364 appears to have been a Boeing 757-200.
It seems a fair guess that this would continue to the end of the season, though some of the experts on HT may have accurate future detailed schedules.
Your flights are within the Thomson seat selection timeframe of 3 months so it might be that all the extra legroom seats on this particular flight are already booked.
This does seem unlikely though since the flight doesn’t yet seem to be full, Thomsons website just let me do a trial booking for 14 seats on that flight quite happily.
If it’s important to you to get the extra legroom, I wouldn’t leave it to chance when you get to the airport since Thomson do seem to pre-allocate seats in advance. I’d give the airline a call.
NicNac32 wrote:
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows if there is a particular aircraft that is used on this flight? I understand Thomson flights are pretty crammed in at the absolute minimum of 28" seat space. Does it matter what time of year you fly as to what aircraft they use? We are flying 3rd October.

I wonder if there is a standard aircraft for this flight if anyone knows the rows which are emergency exit seats or any rows with a tad more legroom - not so much a problem for me, but my other half is very tall and there doesn't seem to be the option to purchase extra legroom seats for this flight online, only to pay to reserve our seats (which we have done).

Is it worth calling Thomson to see if I can book that over the phone or just wait until check-in and hope for the best?

Thanks for your help in advance!

As it doesn't offer the option of booking extra legroom seats if you are doing a new booking, it would appear that there are no extra legroom seats left. There aren't that many of them and they are always very popular.
I am flying BHX-DLM TOM 654 on Sat 01/09/12 I know it will be a 757 aircraft but does anybody know the Reg of the aircraft that are currently based at BHX ? It looks like from Flytecomm that there is three 757's and 2 737-800s based there at the min.

Also where abouts does the aircraft that operates TOM 654 come in from ?
If you search on this site http://www.flightradar24.com/data/ you will find which aircraft fly from which airport.
NicNac32,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-RHO-LGW (TOM4364/5) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) with a seating plan showing exit rows.

Darren
uno28,

Your aircraft normally comes in from Alicante (TOM7604/5) normally and is likely to be G-OOBC, but could change for operational reasons between now and tomorrow.

Darren
milliemeg,

TOM070/1 are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. It'll likely be a former First Choice, but I can confirm that nearer to your fligh. You'll find extensive aircraft information including seat plans on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating by the windows are in pairs but avoid row 9 as there is no window on that row. If they both want to sit at the fron, you can always go for both front rows but then you'll have the centre seats in the way.

Darren
Hi Darren,

I am flying from LGW - MBA (TOM076-077) Kenya on the 9th of November. Just wondering if you know if they are using the exe Tom 767 or ex FCA 767's for this route?
The reason I ask is on our return from Cuba last year they subbed in the exTOM 767 and I didn't find it a pleasant experience! Too many seats crammed in for an 8-9 hour flight IMO. Especially as I had a 4 hour drive home straight after.

Many thanks

Just checked my photos and it was G-OBYD we returned on last year.
noooooobs,

LGW-MBA-LGW (TOM076/7) are ex-FCA 76W's. Enjoy Kenya, one omy favourite places.

Darren
Sorry me again,

Do you know if rows 29-31 will have windows?

James
noooooobs,

Those rows have windows.

Darren
Thanks,

Not that it matters in the flight out, but should cheer me up on the way back.

Many thanks.
Thanks a lot for that Darren.Will check again before the holiday.
For information, I've updated the long haul IFE listing for September / October 2012, linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Darren, my daughter has flown out on honeymoon this morning to Aruba from Gatwick on TOM024 - I've just noticed that the Manchester return flight (TOM195) from yesterday, has only just left Aruba some 17 hours late. Do you know if this was weather related or a technical issue?? Hopefully not weather!!!!
brewerdave,

It shouldn't be weather related as most flights have been running to schedule in that area. It's likely to have been a tech issue.

Darren
Thanks Darren - here's hoping that you are right for my daughter's sake - but sorry for the weary Manchester bound travellers !!
The crew that were planned to operate the inbound flight got stuck in Miami airport whilst positioning on another carrier. Which caused a bit of a headache for the inbound. The aircraft was fine but the situation was beyond Thomsons control.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.