Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Oh for goodness sake it was said tongue in cheek scroll up the last page a bit. When airlines configure planes in this manner where people are inevitably going to be disgruntled and like you pointed out it isn't the person in fronts fault. It's always better to stand together looking for change and from all angles.
BEfreeTODAY wrote:
All seats have recline

Really that's fantastic if they do but that will tell me that seat allocations in India really do tell blatant lies when asked he said for definite and I asked him to repeat that twice and I then asked how he could be so sure and he said because I have that information here and I asked, so give me an example of a seat that doesn't and said two rows.
Sunaddict wrote:
helenabird wrote:
Gulp, with one thing and another there have been so many niggles that I am getting towards my wits end. In my post I put we have 4 kids sorry a mistake we have 3 so actually it only involves the two seats by the window which makes it better, believe me if we have people pushing the recline button with little regard we have three excitable children who love kicking the seat in front..... payback indeed LOL!!!!

The people in front are entitled to recline, and it's not their fault if the seats behind them don't, although they should be considerate and not recline during meals etc. Any children that keep kicking the back of my seat have something said to them. So do their parents!

I think it's ok to recline when on a long haul aircraft but find it pathetic when people do so on the 28" seat pitch short haul planes.
When we fly to Turkey i always seem to get the muppet who reclines as soon as possible and then gives me dirty looks because my knees keep hitting the back of his/her chair, and sometimes i don't even mean them to! ;)
The seats should not recline on short haul 28" seats. Nothing makes me crosser than when people do recline, I was once on a plane where my row of seats didn't recline and of course the woman in front reclines hers. It was pure hell, I'm not a small person!
Ryanair's seats do not recline, well done.
Hi Darren or the other experts,
just booked seats on my holiday to Marsa Alam. The seating plan I booked from showed a layout of 3x3 and there were 32 rows, am I correct in saying this is a Boing 737-800?
Also, we booked row 5a and 5b, does this row definitely have a window?
Flight numbers are TOM376/7 departing 5.6.13.
Regards,
Jason
Yes, it's row 11/12 ABc and 12/13 def (roughly) that don't have windows on the 737-800
When are you flying Z.J.C ?? I am flying at the end of July and sat patiently waiting to see wether we get a 767 or 787 ..... only 5 weeks until I book our seats :cheers
Noticed that G-OBYG (ex Thomsonfly)has been used a few times lately from Manchester for long haul - has it been converted to long haul configuration or are they being crammed into short haul seats?
A few years ago some friends flew to Australia with Britannia Airlines in a 767. Does anyone know what the seat plan and leg room for this flight was? It would have been cruel to cram people in at 28"!!
Qman wrote:
Where is Darren???????

I'm sunning myself in Jamaica at the moment, I'm on leave! I'll be back on 2nd April to resume aircraft requests. I hope you've not had too much snow, a lovely 28c here in Negril at the moment :cheers

Darren
wtg darren you deserve a break after all the help you give us all..
have a beer on me
Hi. Flying on TOM2608 from Manchester on 13/7. Does anybody know which plane this will be and where I can get seat plan from? Would like to be able to select my seats as soon as they can be booked. Traveling with my wife and 4 year old child for the first time.
Darren is on holiday at the moment, but he'll be back in plenty of time to tell you, as you won't be able to book seats until end of April.
Whats all this about 'cramming people into flights' to places like Mexico ? When we booked our flight to Cancun on Tom 194 we got told the legroom was guaranteed 33" and even more in legroom seats ? Has something change that passengers don't know about then ?.
No nothing had changed, its still 33 inches but if they sub a short haul plane due to mechanical reasons then you would be very unlucky
dinner-lady wrote:
When are you flying Z.J.C ?? I am flying at the end of July and sat patiently waiting to see wether we get a 767 or 787 ..... only 5 weeks until I book our seats :cheers

Hello

Flying out to Cancun where you flying too?

Hoping and Praying for a 787 to be honest really want to experience one.

Z.J.C
brewerdave wrote:
Noticed that G-OBYG (ex Thomsonfly)has been used a few times lately from Manchester for long haul - has it been converted to long haul configuration or are they being crammed into short haul seats?

Hello,

I do believe this has been re-configured a family friend flew out to Barbados the other day in Premium and when I tracked it back it was G-OBYG its also out again today to Barbados, would imagine they have refitted it but I cannot be 100% sure if this is correct.

Z.J.C
Z.J.C

Off to Cancun end of July from Manchester TOM144 hoping its a dreamlinber flight (fingers and toes crossed) but at the end of the day dont mind the FCA 767
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.