Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
dinner-lady wrote:
Z.J.C

Off to Cancun end of July from Manchester TOM144 hoping its a dreamlinber flight (fingers and toes crossed) but at the end of the day dont mind the FCA 767

I'm on TOM182/3 flying out on Sunday. I have to admit I'm not holding y, breath for the Dreamliner either way its the holiday that counts.

I'm rather nervous however this will be the third long haul flight I've taken with Thomson where there has been an aircraft change!

I was thinking we may not get an exFCA one in July with them holding significantly less passengers than the 787 and with July being busy I'm thinking it will more than likely be one of the exTOM.

Either way the LOT Polish Airlines 787 with the modified battery fix is due to flight test tomorrow I believe so we will have to see how things develop.

Speaking with people I do believe Thomson will need at minimum two months for test flights before long haul operations can begin.

Z.J.C
Daughter on Tom182/183 on Sunday 28th flying out to get married :) We fly out day before her....
Hi there

Im booked to fly with my two teenage children to sanford from birmingham on 23/6/13 tom630

One of my children has a medical condition which means i may have to assist her urgently at times. The airline are happy to carry her and she will have a fit to fly letter from her paediatrician.

Welfare have suggested seats 11cde fior us. Anyone tell me much about these. Mainly i need enough room to be able to grab stuff out of her emergency bag and give her drugs if necessary.

I know these are close to toilets which is handy in some respects as i will always be nearby then but bit worried about people cutting through the bulkhead space/standing there.

Thanks for any help you can be
Am I right in thinking the following?…

Thomson state all longhaul flights are operated by either a 767 or 787. Due to the current situation the 767 will be more in use. It states a minimum of 33" in economy - they have to provide that legally, or it's false advertising.

However I understand that in the T&C they can change the aircraft for operational reasons etc at short notice…

But with this situation being over 1 month surely they HAVE to re config some of there 767 SH to longhaul for 33"?? :que

Do we have a new update on the new longhaul inflight service offered from may?

Gav
Gav,

There was talk of Thomson leasing a 767 from Jetairfly which would be used to operate some of the Long Haul routes until the Dreamliner finally shows up. I'm sure they wouldn't use a short haul layout aircraft as a replacement as they would have an awful lot of angry squashed customers!
Hi Dazbo.

We are on the 1555 out of Manchester on Sat 21st Sept to Gran Canaria.

Apologies for not having the flight number, but what is the likely aircraft for this flight?

Cheers, IainB
gbailey141 wrote:
Gav,

There was talk of Thomson leasing a 767 from Jetairfly which would be used to operate some of the Long Haul routes until the Dreamliner finally shows up. I'm sure they wouldn't use a short haul layout aircraft as a replacement as they would have an awful lot of angry squashed customers!

Hey

The problem with the Jetairfly 767 is that it is not long haul configured. It doesn't have seat back IFE nor does it have the 33" leg room its configured very differently to the other 767's.
It could be the case that they use this Jetair aircraft to operate the short haul 767's flights such as Egypt and use the exTOM 767 for Long haul.

Z.J.C
Not into aircraft but just had confirmation from travel agents First Choice that our flight to Cancun is deffo Thompson aircraft with 242 seating .

our flt number is. Tom 194
AngS wrote:
Hi there

Im booked to fly with my two teenage children to sanford from birmingham on 23/6/13 tom630

One of my children has a medical condition which means i may have to assist her urgently at times. The airline are happy to carry her and she will have a fit to fly letter from her paediatrician.

Welfare have suggested seats 11cde fior us. Anyone tell me much about these. Mainly i need enough room to be able to grab stuff out of her emergency bag and give her drugs if necessary.

I know these are close to toilets which is handy in some respects as i will always be nearby then but bit worried about people cutting through the bulkhead space/standing there.

Thanks for any help you can be

If one of your children has a medical condition then they won't be permitted to sit in row 11(assuming an ex-FCA 767) this is a stipulation by the CAA. I recommend row 14 AB or FG. Unfortunately the configuration of these aircraft means they don't have many seats that can be used as welfare seats. Standards seats are quite roomy on Thomsons long haul aircraft, certainly enough to administer intravenous drugs, oxygen etc..
The fitness to fly certificate will not bypass emergency exit regulations. I am quite shocked that the welfare team are suggesting these seats. Who ever occupies these seats needs to be able to operate an exit door at any time, which if your daughter is in a situation (hopefully not) requiring her treatment she wouldn't be able to.
Surely 11CDE are in the centre? so the emergency exit regs dont apply?
They are in the centre but they do apply as they are the only seats in that row and they are adjacent to the doors.
Hiya,

Could anyone tell me which aircraftI will be flying on on flight TOM2476 on 27th June MAN-TFS

Thank you
Hello,

Just a note was speaking to someone who recently flew on G-OBYG and said its currently configured in a three class cabin style.

Premium at the front
Comfort in the middle (33")
Regular in the rear (29")

All seats have IFE screens, this is the way its been fitted when flying to Phucket.

Wondering if they will reconfigure in time for May passengers.

Z.J.C
They must have flown on the standby aircraft (the standby aircraft has to have the highest number of seats of the fleet for obvious reasons)

I can't see why Thomson won't change the configuration, they won't plan to use an aircraft that doesn't meet advertised standards of 33" and a minimum of 36" in premium.
Hey

I was wondering if it was stand by as you don't tend to see That many Thomson 767s flying out of Manchester at minute.

Z.J.C
z.j.c wrote:
Hello,

Just a note was speaking to someone who recently flew on G-OBYG and said its currently configured in a three class cabin style.

Premium at the front
Comfort in the middle (33")
Regular in the rear (29")

All seats have IFE screens, this is the way its been fitted when flying to Phucket.

Wondering if they will reconfigure in time for May passengers.

Z.J.C

The ex-Tom 767 as far as I am aware all have 31" pitch. We travelled to Cuba last month on G-OBYH and that was standard 31" throughout. I think that some of the 757 are being reconfigured with extra legroom at the front.
OBYG has been used on a number of occasions lately ex Manchester,including yesterday to Cuba - I certainly wouldn't be amused with either 31" or (God forbid!) 29" legroom - there is no way that it is a "standby" plane in the true sense of the word because of the frequency of usage over the past few weeks.Thomson are very wrong if they are fobbing off travellers on this plane with "technical difficulties caused the substitution!!"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.