Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Sunaddict, I knew someone would know.
Living the Dream and Dream Maker after all the troubles, I should co-co.

I would name them after certain pop songs, such as by the Move or The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, if you get my drift!

Sorry Darren.
Hi Darren,

Do you know what they are naming the rest of the Dreamliners? I believe Dream Maker was one of the #nameourplane finalist names, will they be using the other finalist names do you think?

Also we have seat selection tomorrow for our LGW-BVC flight which I believe is on a 757-200. Want a window seat just behind the wing, what rows would you advise? I know row 9 has no window and a couple over the wing, but I don't think any behind the wings are windowless. Is this correct?
dazbo,
i am sure you are bored, bored, bored of these sort of questions, but i need your assistance! we are doing the tom2700/1 from manc to larnaca on 13th and 20th october, we've bagged extra legroom which we'll be picking next week online, whats the bird in question? i'd love a big one but ive been plagued by the ol'800 and it's joyeous 3x3 set up for most of our last few hols, last time i was hemmed in by a dear 80 odd year old lady who became totally squiffy on the 2 magners for £6 deal ...(!)
LadyL2013,

Welcome onboard :yup

Thomson name our plane details are on their website. I haven't seen the details of further aircraft names as yet. The next is due in August.

LGW-BVC-LGW (TOM878/9 or TOM590/1) are both operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft and cabin photos as well as seats plans. Seating is very much personal preference. There are no 'best' seats, it's whatever you prefer. If you prefer to be behind the wing, any row aft of 32 apart from the last row, 41 has a window. It's the last row in the forward cabin, 10 or 11 depending on the specific aircraft that doesn't have a window. Rows 15 and 17 don't have a widow in the centre cabin.

Darren
emmacat,

Don't worry, I never get bored!! MAN-LCA-MAN (TOM2700/1) are scheduled to be operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul), ie a big one!

Darren
super news, i am very much looking forward to it :) thank you for your help as usual :)
Thanks for that Darren.

I cannot find any good seating guide for the Thomson 757-200 online, there are plans, but nothing indicating which seats are good/bad etc like most other airlines have.
LadyL2013,

That's because it's very much personal preference. Other than extra legroom seats, there's not much in it to be honest. Most of the seats are much of a muchness. Some of the scheduled operators have seat reviews, but it's not common for charter airlines to have them. Our What Aircraft? guide has lots of information that may be of use.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
LadyL2013,

Welcome onboard :yup

LGW-BVC-LGW (TOM878/9 or TOM590/1) are both operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft and cabin photos as well as seats plans. Seating is very much personal preference. There are no 'best' seats, it's whatever you prefer. If you prefer to be behind the wing, any row aft of 32 apart from the last row, 41 has a window. It's the last row in the forward cabin, 10 or 11 depending on the specific aircraft that doesn't have a window. Rows 15 and 17 don't have a widow in the centre cabin.

Darren

Hi Darren,

Just to clarify is that including row 32 or is that a premium row as we have seat selection ready now?
LadyL2013,

Row 32 is an exit row with extra legroom seats.

Darren
Just out of interest - does anyone know why TOM030 was delayed this morning?? Thanks!
marshwiggle,

I believe the previous flight was late inbound.

Darren
Cheers Dazbo - tried looking but couldn't work it out!! Thought I'd just ask here and an expert would probably wander along!! :)
marshwiggle wrote:
Just out of interest - does anyone know why TOM030 was delayed this morning?? Thanks!

I noticed that pretty much all TOM flights to Greece this morning were delayed out even though their flights in seemed to be on time. Odd.
LadyL2013 wrote:
marshwiggle wrote:

I noticed that pretty much all TOM flights to Greece this morning were delayed out even though their flights in seemed to be on time. Odd.

..probably because of the general strike in Greece perhaps ?? :que
Evening All!

Just booked last minute to Mexico from Edinburgh leaving this Thursday (18th)

Obviously it'll be the 763 taking us out, but does anyone know which Bird in particular they're sticking on it!

Thanks in Advance!
BobAgg,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information. EDI-CUN-EDI (TOM372/3) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Morning Darren,

We are booked on Tom346/347 LGW to AYT on the 30th July 2013. I have just been advised that the departure time has been put back an hour or so until 17:50. Previously the aircraft used has been a 757 but since the change of time (three weeks now) it has been operated by a 737. My question is will this revert back to the 757 for our flight as we have pre booked our seats weeks ago (on the 757) and I am slightly concerned that we won't get the seats that we have booked due to the aircraft type being changed? I am also hoping it will be a 757 as reading your guide I believe you get slightly more room in the front and middle cabins.

Thank you

Gooner
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.