Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
liam12189,

As your flight is operated by a Boeing 737-800, it makes little difference what specific registration you're on. All the seats are the same through the fleet, the only difference is whether is has the sky interior or not. As there are several based aircraft, that are swapped and changed daily, it's difficult to pinpoint a particular registration. You'll find out about 6pm tomorrow! It should be coming in from KEF (TOM2412/3), but this can change.

Have a great holiday,

Darren
Hi Dazbo,

Off to Cancun on Saturday morning on the Dreamliner TOM144. I just wondered if you could tell me which one is operating out of Manchester at the moment?.
Thanks for all your time answering my many questions :cheers
dinner-lady,

It makes no difference as all three are identical aircraft other than name. G-TUIA is at Glasgow at the moment, G-TUIB/C at Gatwick. G-TUIB normally comes back to MAN but this can change. They are rotated regularly, there isn't a particular aircraft based at a particular airport.

Have a good holidays :cheers :sun2

Darren
Dazbo Thanks x I know they are all identical but was hoping to go on Alfie, so fingers crossed I may be lucky :cheers
dinner-lady,

I should be able to let you know tomorrow evening. It's the aircraft operating the flight to Sanford on Friday (TOM126/7) that goes on to operate your flight on Saturday.

Darren
We fly on Sunday from East Midlands to Malaga. Does anyone know whether check in is at a machine followed by dropping bags at a desk (like BMI Baby used to be) or is it just a traditional manned desk? We haven't paid to sit together (never have, never will!)....I suppose what I'm getting at is will they maliciously try to split us up as a punishment for not paying or will it be no problem as long as we check in early, which we always do.

Dan
Thanks Dazbo ......
On another note is there anything interesting coming in or out of Manchester tomorrow afternoon as we are heading up to the pub at the end of the runway for the afternoon?
dan123,

Most are going to machines followed by bag drop off, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case at EMA now. You won't be maliciously split up, what makes you think that? No airline that I have ever flown with or dealt with would ever do that. The way the system works actually tries to minimise passengers being split up and tries to seat those under the same booking together as far as possible. Due to aircraft seating however, it's inevitable some won't get seats together. That's what selecting seats is there for if you want to guarantee where you sit and with who.

Darren
dinner-lady,

There's nothing of note due in to MAN tomorrow that I'm aware of, just the usual scheduled and charter traffic. The afternoons are less interesting than the mornings normally as most of the long haul traffic is in and out before lunchtime.

Darren
Hey spoke to a dreamliner pilot on my ba flight from Gatwick to Glasgow on Wednesday evening. He was moving tuib from Glasgow to Manchester first thing this morning. Was amazing to sit next to him on the flight, I could ask anything about dreamliner and he could answer it right there and then. He was a fountain of knowledge down to how its built, components costs and even if premium is worth it or not.
Thanks Darren, I guess you're right, why would they do they that....unless it was to make sure you cough up next time!
dan123,

That's one view but its not reality. Very few passengers are split up. Aircraft seat allocation is a bit like a game of Tetris fitting everyone in. The vast majority will be seated together but its inevitable some won't. It is NOT done on purpose. That's in no ones interest.

Darren
Hi, Darren.
While on the topic of seating, we as a family of 2 adults & 2 children we have always payed to guarantee that we are seated together, now i have heard that its always been policy that families with young children are not seperated. Yet Thomson dont tell customers this and are happy to let customers pay for this service, yes i know you can select your seat , but as pointed out on this forum that is a free service.

Now have i heard wrong or is the above correct ?
It's not true, I have been on a flight where a family of four, children aged 2and 7 were split up by several rows each. The crews made several attempts to get volunteers and in the end for take off and landing on the promise of a drink got the children across a row from their mother but for the duration of the flight they had to go back to their ticketed seats. This doesn't happen very often to that degree however it can and does happen where children are across an aisle from one parent and the other parent is further away.
The only law is disabled customers with specific needs, then the crew have to move other customers out to get a carer next to them or in a preferred seat.
I've read plenty of complaints from people that didn't pay to prebook, and that have been split, and some of those had young children on longhaul flights.
I read one yesterday where a 2 year old was sat across the aisle of the mum, and the father was the other end of the aircraft.
I've also seen all the stories about families being split up, but the one thing you're never told is how late they checked in. I reckon there's a pretty strong chance they were the stragglers at check in. I still believe in the don't pay (extra spends for your hols!) and check in early theory, never not worked for us.

I will post when we get back on how we got on.
I thought Thomsons preallocated seats the day before the flight, so it wouldn't matter what time you got to check in.
Thanks for all the replys, as i said ive always payed the extra to make sure that we are all seated together and after your comments i will continue to do so.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.