Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Can anyone advise when I will be able to go online and select PE seats? We are booked as a package holiday through Thompson. When I go online to manage my booking it comes up as First Choice. We are flying with Thompson Airways on 24th March.

The Thompson airways site seems to indicate we should be able to select seats 90 days before departure. The First Choice site seems to be implying we wont know our details until 6 weeks before departure. Confused!

Any help would be very appreciated thanks

Joolz
Its 90 days before your return flight. First Choice and Thomson are the same company.
Thanks for your help - I realise they are the same company it was just the differing information on the two sites that was confusing.

Thanks again

Joolz
JoolzB; you are looking at two different elements of your flight - when you select your seat that's just where you are due to sit on the aircraft - available ~ 90 days before date of return.
The six weeks before figure is when the actual departure time/date is supposed to be "fixed in stone"-but as most people know departure time can be altered after that 6 week date . Some people have reported noticing a changed departure time when they receive their tickets,which can be as late as a few days before flight.
hello sorry I may have asked this question a while back but I cannot find it now so I ask again if so

My wife and I are flying on the 24th Jan with p&o cruises on flight number TOM 034 Gatwick - Barbados
was wondering if anybody knew for sure what aircraft will be used , we are looking at purchasing seats on the 20th Nov when the facility opens and would like to make a good informed choice

many thanks
Derek

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
delteach,

LGW-BGI-LGW (TOM034/5) are operated by Boeing 787-8. Aircraft type will be clear once the seat plans opens.

Darren
Brewer Dave - thats great thanks - now understand the different information

Thanks again for your help (great forum!)

Joolz :)
Flying LGW-PUJ on Friday 22 Nov, TOM 50. With just over 3 weeks to go does anyone know which of the Dreamliners it is likely to be?

Thanks,

gaz
Hi there,

I'm probably a bit early asking this but does anyone know the IFE and in flight meals for economy on the Dreamliner Manchester to Cancun 1st January TOM 196 and return 15th January TOM 197. also I've chosen seats 32 A & B anyone know if these are ok seats.

Thanks

Irene
gaz68,

They are swapped and changed all the time, it's way too early to know. They are all the same other than the name so it makes little difference.

Darren
Irene67,

IFE won't be released until next month. I'll update the link when I get it. The seats you've chosen are as good as any others.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

Have you any idea about the in flight meals in economy, my hubbie is a fussy get :( unlike me who will eat anything :D and I understand you don't get a choice of beef or chicken now.

Cheers

Irene
Irene67,

There was no choice on my flights last month. It was Chicken coq au vin outbound and roast beef diner inbound on my flights. This can of course change.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

Great help as usual, hopefully it's the same kind of meals on our flights he would be ok with any of them or similar.

Thanks again

Irene
Irene67,

November - December 2013 IFE is now available on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren,

I'll have a look.

Cheers

Irene
Hi I am booked on flight TOM2754 Manchester to Arrecife on 12 January, returning 19 January flight TOM2755.
We've booked extra legroom seats and have booked 8A and 8B on both flights.

Can you tell me what sort of plane this will be, my husband is a very nervous flyer and likes to know all the info.

Thank you :)
Jayneheppy,

MAN-ACE-MAN (TOM2754/5) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.