Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren . We are booked on Thomson flight Tom 2744/2745 Manchester Crete Manchester on 21st Sept 2014 . Could you please advise what plane and where its previous flight will be from. Many thanks
Ian
iankitch,

MAN-HER-MAN (TOM2744/5) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul). It's the first flight out at 0800 for that aircraft after arriving in the early hours and night stopping.

Darren
Hi Darren, Were flying with Thomson on 24th July from bhx to heraklion. TOM7450/1 Can you let me know if this is a 757 or 737 and also what is its previous inbound flight?
Thank you Chris
Darren is it still 90 days from your return to book seat numbers.
qatarman wrote:
Darren is it still 90 days from your return to book seat numbers.

Yes it is, although it's worth keeping checking before that because they do open their seat plans up early sometimes.
Hello Darren. We fly to SSH from MAN on 25th June TOM894 and return on TOM547.

Please can you tell me the aircraft type(s). Thank you..
chrisweaving,

BHX-HER-BHX (TOM7450/1) are operated by Boeing 737-800. The aircraft should arrive from Dalaman (TOM648/9) at 1625, possibly Faro (TOM7406/7).

Darren
Stridy,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM894 / TOM547) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link blow).

Darren
Hi we are flying out to Punta Cana from Manchester on the Dreamliner (TOM172 ret TOM173). First could you confirm this is the Dreamliner as we paid extra to go on this aircraft! We booked via Blue Bay Travel so the accom and flights were booked separately. My husband thinks we have booked our seat although we are now only in the 90 day window. When logged on I can see that it says seat have been selected (again we paid extra for book my seats - does this give you access before the 90 day window - sorry brain like sieve and can't remember). Husband thinks we booked two in front and two behind because the configuration was 3,3,3.
How can I see which actual seats I booked so that I can compare whether we have gone for good ones or not. Many thanks

Ps returned fromTurkey in the early hours, superb service from the airline staff on board, aircraft was not full and whilst we couldn't pay on the flight to move to extra legroom they did move us to disabled seats as none were booked. Had a Croque Monsieur which was very tasty. Have to say the experience going out at Birmingham not so good, everyone does online checkin and bag drop so it is now quicker to checkin on day as queue is shorter. Plus three staff called in sick so q for bag drop was mega long. dalaman was a nightmare at both ends of the journey.

Pps. Just had a return tweet from Thomson Holidays asking me to check back in July when they will be able to confirm what the aircraft is. We paid extra to fly on the Dreamliner so will be a little hacked off if it isn't said aircraft.
kazd,

All flights from Manchester to Punta Cana, from the beginning of May, are scheduled to be operated by the Boeing 787-8. If you have your seat numbers, there's a seat plan linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) so you can see where they are positioned.

Darren
Hi Darren

Is the 787-8 a Dreamliner? Sorry don't know much about planes. Do you know if paying for the select your seat package allows you access before the 90 day window. My husband thinks we have already booked them but we are only just in the 90 day window now. When I log in to my Thompson with the flight reference provided by the travel company it does not allow me to view seat numbers that I may have booked or select it to book them if I hadn't booked them. The buttons are yellow to add API info and to print boarding cards etc but greyed out fr the seats.

Thank you
kazd,

Yes, the Boeing 787-8 is also known as the Dreamliner. If you've already paid for selecting your seats, you should be able to see the seat plan to select them or your agent will be able to do it for you. If they've already been selected though, you won't be permitted access to the system again as you can't change them once they are selected.

Darren
Hi Darren

Thank you that makes sense. We think we have booked the seats but done it ourselves as we have recollection of looking at the seat plan on the Thompson site. However, is there any way to find out which seats we have booked because logging in does not show the seat numbers.

thanks
Kazd
kazd,

You normally receive a confirmation email when you've done it. Other than that, I don't think there's a way other than a call to Thomson.

Darren
Hi kazd,

We have also booked the Dom Rep through Caribbean Warehouse/Blue Bay, our flights are also with Thomson.

CW supplied us with the following link to enable us to view our booking ...... http://eapi.thomson.co.uk. After entering our ref (7 digit number) we were able to view the seat plan and book our seat numbers.
Hi Pat

Thanks for that, that is where I have been looking but it is greyed out and says in the top right hand corner that it says select your seat and then in red next to it x 4 selected. What I cannot see though is seat numbers that we have booked.

I have been speaking with customer service at Thompson and they said that as we are outside of the 90 day window that our seats have not been booked but I am convinced we did what you say and saw the seat plan and booked 2 in one row and 2 in another, I particularly remember ensuring that our kids were behind us so we could wallop them if they kicked the seats (just kidding).

I guess I will have to follow Darren's advice and keep checking to see when the bookings open to see if it allows me to select seats as I may have just dreamed that I selected them!

Having said that Pat, did you get a confirmation email from Thomson about your seat numbers because I was just checking and I had an email confirmation of our seat numbers for the Turkey flights that I just did last week. Nothing showing for Dom Rep though but also the Turkey holiday was a package rather than a custom made one from CW.

PS Where are you staying in Dom Rep?
Flew with Thomson last week to Lanzarote (from Birmingham) and used the pre-booking and check in service for the first time (@£19 each). Very disappointed on arrival at the airport. approx 2 and half hours before departure to find a long queue for the bag drop off. An hour and a quarter later we finally got to drop off the bags !

Don't know if we caught them on a bad day - One "normal" check in desk and Three bag drop off desks
for ALL Thomson flights seemed far too few for the volume of passengers.

Probably won't use the service again - Even the single check in desk was moving faster than the bag drop off - We'll take our chances on seat allocation.
I wondered if anyone has any experienced of bag drop/online check in via manchester? We have booked and paid for extra legroom seats, so we're planning on checking in online as the rumour mill is circulating a rather unappealing scenario surrounding folk with pre booked seats not getting them due to not bothering with online check in...not sure whether to check in a la traditional via a human or do online then join the bag drop queue which may end up running the length and breadth of the M6 :que I wish I'd never discovered tho sons Facebook page to be honest....it's all 'never again!' 'What a shambolic company!' 'How can you lot sleep at night splitting families up!' Never used to see such bad feedback...it's a shame, anyway, any info very much appreciated! :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.