Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I'm due to do online check in, in just under 2 weeks and have been following posts on Thomson FB page. Over the past few weeks many people have been having issues both checking in online and printing their boarding cards off. We also had problems receiving email confirmation for our requested seats.

Although having previously 'requested' your seats, Thomson are still advising that you do online check in!
Hi we are travelling to Sharm on 18th July Flight number TOM 238/TOM239

Any idea what type of plane this will be?

Thanks

Pauline
mackem67,

NCL-SSH-NCL (TOM238/9) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Dazbo - Any idea why the LGW/MBJ is enroute in a 763 rather than a 787 today please?
Jetlagged,

Technical problem I believe.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I feel sorry for the poor souls taking that switch and am keeping everything crossed for our trip in two weeks. Tech can happen any time and better to change equipment now than have a failure at 40k feet!
Jetlagged,

And better a change of aircraft and a minor delay than a loss of a days holiday while minimising knock on effects for subsequent flights.

Darren
Thanks all for replies re checking in, just logged on this morning, the website was able to take my payment for extra baggage but once arriving at the check in page I have now become stuck and have been enjoying a beautiful whirling shaped pattern spinning around on screen for about 20 mins whilst my boarding pass is loaded...it's still going...think I will still be loading my boarding pass whilst they are loading my bag on in 2 weeks time...never mind, I can keep trying, and failing that I will just have to join all the traditionalists in the queue at the airport, technology is frustrating at times ;)
I had the same problem emmacat and left my whirly wheel running all night. The answer was to log in to

https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk

Enter your booking details and you will get an icon to print your boarding pass.
georgep1311,

welcome onbaord :tup
It's too early to be sure what aircraft type will be used. Which airport are your looking at flying from? I need at least some flight details to work with when looking up flights. The 737-800 fleet is mixed the newer deliveries have the sky interior installed, some of the older ones don't. The fleet is rotated regularly so there's no telling this far out which specific aircraft are based where.

Darren
georgep1311,

TOM626/859 are normally operated by Boeing 737-800 but I won't know for certain until later in the year.

Darren
Hey

Does anyone know which aircraft will operate Thomson Flights

TOM2700 MAN > LCA 27th July 2014
TOM2701 LCA > MAN 3rd August 2014

Thanks
ZJC
z.j.c,

MAN-LCA-MAN (TOM2700/1) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul).

Darren
Hi Darren

can you please tell me which aircraft are used for the following flight:

MAN-TFS 22/07/84 TOM2202
TFS-MAN 05/08/14 TOM2203

cheers
Hi. Can you tell me if there is a quick drop off for luggage at Newcastle if I already hav my boarding pass. Cheers.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
z.j.c,

MAN-LCA-MAN (TOM2700/1) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul).

Darren

Hi Darren

Just booked this flight but the seating plan is showing as 2-3-2 with 40 rows.

Any idea which Thomson 767 Short Haul this is? I thought the first choice 767's were the ones with the config 2-3-2 and I wasn't aware they were using these?

Thanks
ZJC
Does anyone know if Premium Class passengers will be able to use the Fast Track through security at Gatwick this year as last.

Thanks.
Jetlagged wrote:
Does anyone know if Premium Class passengers will be able to use the Fast Track through security at Gatwick this year as last.

Thanks.

Yes , they can use FT at security , in my experience though it is no significantly different to the other lanes , so many people qualify for FT and airline agents do sticker boarding cards with FT for passengers who travel with BA and Emirates in economy if they have status , plus those who book the No1 lounge also get FT , so in the end it's not really quicker than the other lanes for these reasons
The only saving grace is that it's tucked away at the left hand side as you approach the security gates so not everyone sees it ( towards zone A)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.